Saturday Run

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This one is gonna be a little bit different from the usual ride outs ;)

For a start there's very little pure boreen, them with the grass up the middle, as a lot of western Mayo is mountain & the rest is bog and the lazy feckers went round them rather than over / through them
That said they did put the roads in places where you get a good view of the mountains, lakes & sea so despair not, it'll still be moderately interesting
So we start off with a bit of old style narrow stuff with grass & sh1t and then move onto slightly wider & faster roads some of which are even wide enough to have a bit of white paint roughly in the centre of the road. If you're two up or of a nervous disposition it might be as well to meet us after the nadgery bits. Talk to me Friday night or Saturday morning :comfort

I'm obviously not gonna tell youse where we're going (yet) but suffice it to say it's in honour of the attendance of that well known faux Irish couple Mr & Mrs Tim O'lgra :aidan

What I am gonna tell ya is make sure you have a full tank of petrol, or at least enough to get ya to the morning coffee stop, and an empty bladder
We'll be using the 'drop-off system' again which, after a bit of a fcukin disaster at the Ardara event :mad:, worked well in Skib & Leenane last year. If you don't know how it works come & talk to me. Or listen very carefully at the briefing....

The briefing will be at 09.45 in the car park & I'll be leaving as the clock strikes 10.00 :bounce1:bounce1

See youse all Friday :beerjug:

Aha. So the Karoo Streets I'm getting fitted on Thursday should prove a better choice than another set of Karoo 3s... :thumb2

Give some thoughts on those after the trip........if you don't mind.

Will do. I can already say I'm very happy with them (well, the rear anyway) in all conditions - 5500km Karoo Street rear and 9000km Karoo 3 front coming off tomorrow for the new Streets front & rear (€240/pair fitted from Cotters).

Rear Street is squared off but still very rideable. What equivalent tyre doesn't square after 5500km?

Last edited:
Will do. I can already say I'm very happy with them (well, the rear anyway) in all conditions - 5000km Karoo Street rear and 9000km Karoo 3 front coming off tomorrow for the new Streets front & rear (€240/pair fitted from Cotters).

Rear Street is squared off but still very rideable. What equivalent tyre doesn't square after 5000km?
Jeesus that's a great price.

Sent from a U11

Yep.

The pair of K3s I got from them back last September cost the same. I've yet to hear of anyone in Ireland bettering Cotters on tyres, though IIRC Adam (Crunch on here) got his K3s from Lee in Cork for a similar price.

The Street rears we had fitted in Jaca cost over €160 each. I mentioned this to Cotters and they said that that is the RRP - their prices are great cos they buy in huge volumes, and it seems they provide tyres to a lot of the other shops in Ireland.

Coffee and a browse while they're being fitted... ☺

Back
Top Bottom