Interesting Route Malaga to Salou

Thanks for taking the time to say 'Thank you' for the help given. So often we hear nothing beyond the first "I need help, fast...." plea.

I'll second that, thanks indeed! :) Actually I never really mind when people don't follow up but it is polite, plus in this case your report tells me about places down south where my experience is very limited and in any case it's always a pleasure being reminded of places that one does know. Over the past few years I've spend about six weeks around the Teruel regions, renting an apartments at the Hotel Trufa Negra in Mora de Rubielos - when I've been paid expenses! - or just down the road from Castellar at the camping at Formiche Alto but in their, much cheaper, apartments or the actual camping during my off-road bike events (now in the past).

It's about time I went on a long ride-aboit in Spain and your ride has given me some ideas! :) So thanks to you for that!

Regs

Simon

Hi Con, does your friend live in Castillo by any chance, right on the seafront ? I've heard about an Irish guy who lives there, and does some shipping and stuff with bikes. I go to Sabby most weeks for a bite and a coffee, and walk the dogs. I like the Kinsale for Sunday lunch in Duquesa... Shame about the weather, if it's any consolation, it's still p###ing it down.....:beerjug:

Brilliant write up and photos - thank you.

We're in Spain at the end of May, heading down to Gibralta and may borrow some of your route back up.

Hi Con, does your friend live in Castillo by any chance, right on the seafront ? I've heard about an Irish guy who lives there, and does some shipping and stuff with bikes. I go to Sabby most weeks for a bite and a coffee, and walk the dogs. I like the Kinsale for Sunday lunch in Duquesa... Shame about the weather, if it's any consolation, it's still p###ing it down.....:beerjug:

That man you speak of is Phil, and is well known on this site and is busy as we speak on TET related activities with some Tossers. The mechanic is a friend of his of old who has recently retired from a main dealer to Spain and lives close by. I must enquire of him if he wishes to “ advertise “ his availability for spanner work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the prompt reply. That’s interesting as the closest dealer to Gib was in Algeciras, and closed about a year ago. I do my own services , but there are a few Bmw riders in Gib that might be interested after their warranty runs out, or has already run out....

Thanks for the prompt reply. That’s interesting as the closest dealer to Gib was in Algeciras, and closed about a year ago. I do my own services , but there are a few Bmw riders in Gib that might be interested after their warranty runs out, or has already run out....

It good to have someone to go to and I know his intention is to do some work.

You should hang your head in shame - no wonder Johnny Foreigner thinks we're an absolute shower...

Fear not Quinten, for whilst Johnny Foreigner might well think that you lot are an absolute shower he sees in us a kindred spirit who, quite frankly, don't give a flying fuck.

Nice report Con. :thumb2

Fear not Quinten, for whilst Johnny Foreigner might well think that you lot are an absolute shower he sees in us a kindred spirit who, quite frankly, don't give a flying fuck.

Nice report Con. :thumb2

Thanks for all that!

As i approached Teruel I found a hotel in a place called El Castellar... I stayed in a lovely hotel, only otger guest being a widower from Switzerland on a tour around the Iberian peninsula in a VW polo.

Was the Swiss party a gaunt looking chap with a large dog and the Polo a hideous green?

Was the Swiss party a gaunt looking chap with a large dog and the Polo a hideous green?

I am wondering Simon if this is a genuine question? but no he was driving a nice older red polo and he was the picture of health for a man of 70 odd, bar he was carrying an extra 20 kgs. There was no dog, unless you are having a poke at VW.:D

... he was the picture of health for a man of 70 odd, bar he was carrying an extra 20 kgs.

That sounds like a perfect description for me and, I guess, many other users of this site. Irrespective of age.

I've really enjoyed this write-up and the thread. Good work, de Crowe.

That sounds like a perfect description for me and, I guess, many other users of this site. Irrespective of age.

I've really enjoyed this write-up and the thread. Good work, de Crowe.

Thanks Quinten

I am wondering Simon if this is a genuine question? but no he was driving a nice older red polo and he was the picture of health for a man of 70 odd, bar he was carrying an extra 20 kgs. There was no dog, unless you are having a poke at VW.:D

No, the question was genuine enough, although a bit daft perhaps! I saw the party in question on Wednesday when I took my bike for its biennial road worthiness test. It struck me as odd that a private car with foreign plates should be going through the test, especially in an out of the way place like Tremp, where I live. So it was just a 'small world isn't it' thing, even though in the event it wasn't.

BTW I have nothing against Polo's or VW's in general, the best car I've even owned was a '71 Beetle! :)

Regs

Simo

Back
Top Bottom