Need gearbox help

Martymax

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone advise if a 2013 lc gear box is exactly the same as 2014/15 etc

I'm not sure about the geabox but the big issue seems to be the flywheel. 2014 onwards had the heavier flywheel.

I'm guessing your 2013 gearbox is as bloody awful as mine is.

There was a recall but investigation reveals that was just to fit a shorter clutch pushrod.
The theory was that it would suck less oil up between the plates when the clutch was disengaged and therefore it wouldn't drag so much.

Lost 4th gear last week,overtaking a car bike went from 4th to 3rd with revs on.Tried it out a couple of times with result of a lift with AA to Charles hurst .
Got a quote today £2900 for new gearbox feel violated

Lost 4th gear last week,overtaking a car bike went from 4th to 3rd with revs on.Tried it out a couple of times with result of a lift with AA to Charles hurst .
Got a quote today £2900 for new gearbox feel violated ��

Can it not be fixed ? (I certainly would not be paying that price to sort it !!) Gearboxes are simple things .... really ...........................

recommendations for rebuild/repair ?
Bike is now stripped in hurst have been looking for a used 2013 box as have been informed that the box was changed after 2013 and newer boxes won’t fit without changing other parts manifold,starter etc

Should be hundreds of post 2014 flakey paint newer engines lying around dealers all over the country

recommendations for rebuild/repair ?
Bike is now stripped in hurst have been looking for a used 2013 box as have been informed that the box was changed after 2013 and newer boxes won’t fit without changing other parts manifold,starter etc

2 used gearboxes on ebay now - on paper they cover the year you need (implies later gearboxes are the same ... so care needed !!) , £350 each.
No harm to Hursts .... but they don't "know" gearboxes . My first port of call for gearboxes , is usually Paul - in Gardner (spelling ??) transmissions in Cullybackey - he's more cars than bikes , but he only does gearboxes. worth a call , you may get pointed in a certain direction if he can't help ... or you may not ? (Harry's gearboxes - next choice , now run by Harry's son ?? ... middle of nowhere , roughly Ballyclare / Ballynure direction ? ... Google !)

keep us posted

Cheers ��

If the bike has a service history then why would you not approach BMW Customer services directly. The 2013LC box was known to have problems there should be at least a contribution from the mothership.

Have used gearbox on the way hopefully sorted.Cheers thanks for the input gser’s

Back
Top Bottom