Macromedia Fireworks Wanted

red1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I used Fireworks/Dreamweaver for years (home/Hammerchewer) for creating and editing images. I've given up gaming for the time being so sold my PC and returned to OS X.

I have Fireworks for Windows but can't find a copy of Fireworks fo Mac anywhere.

So, if anyone knows of a copy please get in touch.

TIA

Adobe bought it. Obviously they already cornered the market with Illustrator etc so they discontinued it around 5 years ago IIRC?

Andres

gone for more than 5 years

can you recall any of your abduction by aliens....?

just get a adobe cc account that'll do everything you need. (i think it's still on a free download/ use for a month)

Ahem...

Adobe acquired Macromedia in 2005.
I think they discontinued Fireworks around 2012...

Nah, the demo is a week or two now.

proves the last time I dealt with them.... we went back to Avid... (but still have adobe in the background, cos everything goes past CC at some point) hence getting an account with Adobe CC would be best you can buy just the bits you fancy or have the lot.... for a monthly subscription.

I work with it, and the 50 quid a month subscription (full suite) is, to be fair, not a lot of money for the quantity of the software you get for it.

Problem is that the update timeframe (and quality of them) is questionable to be the least, but that is another can of worms. Sometimes I still make the error of updating... :D
Hopefully transferring my payment to the corporate account (Creative Suite for Teams) pretty soon.

Anything you can install from Adobe these days is either old and hacked or subscribed to via Cs. Fireworks was last released in 2012 so I hate to think what bugs and vulnerabilities are hiding in that.

Back
Top Bottom