NAV to use on the bike and in the car

Shurv

Pie Eating Champion
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking for a Nav to work on the bike but also use in the car. I have an old tom tom rider (8 yrs) which is bulky with a too small screen, and is also broken, so I am after a more modern unit. I'm only after basic mapping but the ability to add waypoints would be useful. Does anyone use one nav for both modes of transport?

I am looking for a Nav to work on the bike but also use in the car. I have an old tom tom rider (8 yrs) which is bulky with a too small screen, and is also broken, so I am after a more modern unit. I'm only after basic mapping but the ability to add waypoints would be useful. Does anyone use one nav for both modes of transport?

Yes, my Nav5.
And a Zumo 660 before that. And a Streetpilot 2610 before that.
The Nav5 is best used with the specific car mount as that has an inbuilt speaker. I believe there is also some way of getting voice prompts via bluetooth to the car, although I haven't attempted that.
When switching between car and bike mounts, the system prompts if thats what you want, as the screen layout is slightly different in each case. (Bigger buttons in bike mode to cope with gloves, I presume)

I use my Nav V in the car and leave it on bike view!
Works for me.

Just about any Garmin since (and including) the 550 will do you.

Not all of them has a built in speaker, if that’s important to you.

Back
Top Bottom