Thread: Converting to 7” daymaker led headlight.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Rugged Path's Avatar

Converting to 7” daymaker led headlight.

Is it required to buy the additional trim-ring for touring models to fit or will the standard fitted item suffice?

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Did this to a 2014 CVO Road King. Everything I needed came in the box. But you had to splice cables, it wasn't a direct plug and play.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The HD Daymaker doesn't come cheap.

I looked at one for my Electraglide, but took a rain check pretty quickly. There are replicas around, but not available currently, at least on Amazon ............ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Headlight-D.../dp/B018LXCS0C. I can't speak for the trim ring question - maybe best ask the HD US forum.

Aging 1 eyed Tosser Click here to find out how to Subscribe Uncle Rob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugged Path View Post
    Is it required to buy the additional trim-ring for touring models to fit or will the standard fitted item suffice?

if you mean the ring that fits over the head light then the original one does fit but you will get one in the box(either black or chrome) along with an adaptor loom so its plug and play,or at least mine is,if you haven't bought one yet I have a genuine H/D one for sale in black.
    mummy mummy is dad dead?
    no son hes out riding that bloody bike

whats that you say?
    I've no idea as I've been out riding my bike..

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Smogbob's Avatar
    Chinese knockoffs can be a right pain to fit, grab Uncle Rob,s arm I would if I still had a harley..............

I got a Chinese one on Amazon , fitted it to a Heritage softail, plug and play. The instructions made it harder than what it was. It came with a few different blocks attached , you only need to to use one, the others are for other bikes or cars. So the fun was trying to pack it all into the existing headlight casing. The outer std chrome ring went straight back on. I was so impresssed I then bought the Chinese side lights , riding lights for the same bike . Again fitted perfect

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Rugged Path's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I got a Chinese one on Amazon , fitted it to a Heritage softail, plug and play. The instructions made it harder than what it was. It came with a few different blocks attached , you only need to to use one, the others are for other bikes or cars. So the fun was trying to pack it all into the existing headlight casing. The outer std chrome ring went straight back on. I was so impresssed I then bought the Chinese side lights , riding lights for the same bike . Again fitted perfect
    DC,
    Have you a link to that purchase?

A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

will source through Amazon hang in there

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKUNTUGUANG...motive&sr=1-34

scroll down there is a list of bikes it fits make sure its ok for yours TBH i think all HD headlights are 7 inch

I reckon this will work too .....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Motorc...97.m4902.l9144

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Smogbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Things have evolved as usual, my effort was 8 years ago...........