Off-road Ride?

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good morning
Is there any interest in anyone partaking in a GS suitable off-road ride?
If so, can you add your names to this thread so I can gauge interest or otherwise

Hi Johnny - I’m going to bring the Airhead up this time, I had intended to do a road ride as it’s very much treated to a gentler life nowadays and only has mildly off road tyres but as I will be there Friday and Saturday it would be of interest.

It will only be gentler lanes, mostly suitable for big GS and backroads
Your bike will be fine
I will be on my XR so doubt we will get over 60 mph
Unless the ground is very wet beforehand then all should be fine
Just asking beforehand as it needs some commitment either way, as it depends whether I bring the GS or XR

Ignore, I was viewing on Tapatalk and missed the context of this. I'm working otherwise I'd be there.

A GS suitable ride should be lead on a GS so come on JB get some real tyres on it :D

I was interested - till I read you'd be on your XR. Call me suspicious but... wouldn't be the first time a Yorkshireman had had a laugh at a shandy drinkers expense :D

I was interested - till I read you'd be on your XR. Call me suspicious but... wouldn't be the first time a Yorkshireman had had a laugh at a shandy drinkers expense :D

No - not at all
Everyone will be fine - all the green lanes in Yorkshire are now graded

No - not at all
Everyone will be fine - all the green lanes in Yorkshire are now graded

Oh, so you won't even need to change tyres on your GS.

If there's definitely an 'off road' ride I might be tempted to pop over :)

I had considered bring the KTM up instead and making it an off - road weekend but that would require others leading more off roady type off roading :D

I'll be up Thursday evening in the camper and there Friday & Saturday

I cant confirm until closer due to work but I am trying to get the time off. If I make it i'll bring the Berg.

How off road are you planning? A strip of grass down the middle of back roads, or are you talking about 45 degree hills and water crossings up to ones knees?

How off road are you planning? A strip of grass down the middle of back roads, or are you talking about 45 degree hills and water crossings up to ones knees?

Rocky trails
Some loose graded trails
Maybe odd water crossing if levels are low
Depends on which bikes turn up and how experienced the riders are

Back
Top Bottom