Navy V keeps turning itself off

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Updated the maps put new sd card in and loaded some music. Now when I switch it on it gets to map/directions page it then switches itself off.

Out on bike at moment, any ideas ?

Keep riding battery might be low on nav5 takes a while to charge up again, or could be dodgy sdcard, even though its new.

Thanks Smogbob, I put it back on mount but just cycles from 'loading maps' to switching off and back on again.

I'll re format the SD card again and reload the maps, I think it could be the music as it worked fine before I loaded music on it.

Thanks Smogbob, I put it back on mount but just cycles from 'loading maps' to switching off and back on again.

I'll re format the SD card again and reload the maps, I think it could be the music as it worked fine before I loaded music on it.

:thumb:thumb it will probably be the sdcard, reason being when the Nav5 memory is full it automatically uses the sdcard for the overflow, and a dodgy card or bit of data not written correctly will give a reboot, also give it a good overnight charge on the mains with the USB cable.

If it only happens when it is the mount, it may not be fully locked in place. When it is in, look between the top of the nav and the mount. You should not be able to see any red on the latch.

Also worth checking the nav mount pins are free to move in and out (they are spring loaded) and clean.

Also worth giving it a good charge over night. But note, it will only charge if it is switched on.

I re set the Nav unit, re formatted the sd card and re loaded the current maps and it seems to be okay now. Thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom