Neotec 2 Modular Helmet

TonyP22

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a modular helmet for the first time (Neotec 2). Can anyone give any pros and cons about modular helmets and what you would recommend. I have tried it on and it is very comfortable.

Thanks.

I have one, had it since it was released and its been excellent.
It replaced an Arai QV-Pro and a Shoei GT Air. I don't really use the flip function unless requested in fuel stations but its really comfy, quiet (still use ear plugs) and warm in the winter. I'll be running a Shoei NXR for the summer
I might swap it for the new GT-Air depending on the reviews though, only because I rarely use the flip.

I had the Neotec and now have Neotec 2 but have also just bought the GT Air 2.

For me,the best bit is the ability to fit the SRL Sena comms kit.

I don’t need an intercom with 8 bikermates-tried that and its a waste of time.But I do like listening to music on long solo trips and its handy to have intercom with g/f when she’s on the back with her Neotec on.

I actually think the GT Air will get used more as its seems plusher and quieter.

Might use the Neotec for hot climes such as my Spanish trips.

I had the Neotec and now have Neotec 2 but have also just bought the GT Air 2.

For me,the best bit is the ability to fit the SRL Sena comms kit.

I don’t need an intercom with 8 bikermates-tried that and its a waste of time.But I do like listening to music on long solo trips and its handy to have intercom with g/f when she’s on the back with her Neotec on.

I actually think the GT Air will get used more as its seems plusher and quieter.

Might use the Neotec for hot climes such as my Spanish trips.

Can't comment on the helmet advice, but "hot climes?" "HOT CLIMES"??!!?? Climes can only be sunny. 1/10. Must try harder.

Can't comment on the helmet advice, but "hot climes?" "HOT CLIMES"??!!?? Climes can only be sunny. 1/10. Must try harder.

1/10.

Must not be a smart arse when one knows fuck all.

Clime:

The key to remembering clime is that it's so similar to "climate," with which it shares the Greek root klima, "zone." So a clime is a zone that has a characteristic climate. Folks in colder climes think nothing of the kind of snowfall that we down here in the south get all panicked about. But then again, when they come here to our warmer clime, they forget to put on sunscreen; people from one clime can learn a lot from a visit to a different clime.

So “hot clime” or hot climate is perfect use of the word ‘clime’ and is more appropriate than your ‘sunny clime’ as climate changes are more usually described with regard to temperature variation rather than cloud cover,or lack of.

So shove that up yer rant :)

I splurged on my first modular helmet just as the Neotec 2 came out and the original version was to be had for £299 from M&P. Like all Shoei's it is well made and a big improvement on my older XR1100. I like the flip down sun visor a lot. I also use the helmet in flip-up mode around town or when bimbling if sightseeing. The flip also makes taking a drink or blowing your nose a lot easier as it becomes a quick pitstop if needed. It was also rather handy when a bee gut stuck between the chin bar and the top of my jacket. I got stung but managed to pull out the sting before too much venom had gone in. I can only imagine the #2 will be a little better with the extra certification and advance in materials which hopefully make it a bit lighter. 1700g for my Neotec is 200g heavier than non-flip helemets.

I splurged on my first modular helmet just as the Neotec 2 came out and the original version was to be had for £299 from M&P. Like all Shoei's it is well made and a big improvement on my older XR1100. I like the flip down sun visor a lot. I also use the helmet in flip-up mode around town or when bimbling if sightseeing. The flip also makes taking a drink or blowing your nose a lot easier as it becomes a quick pitstop if needed. It was also rather handy when a bee gut stuck between the chin bar and the top of my jacket. I got stung but managed to pull out the sting before too much venom had gone in. I can only imagine the #2 will be a little better with the extra certification and advance in materials which hopefully make it a bit lighter. 1700g for my Neotec is 200g heavier than non-flip helemets.

The original Neotec isn’t certified to be ridden in flipped up mode . The Neotec2 is though .

I have one with the SLR kit and love it. Plush and quiet so well pleased

Just bought a Drift Ghost X but not sure where I’m gonna stick it?

I think Wessie has covered everything I would say about the Neotec. As with all lids try before you buy, you can feel flip front helmets tighten up as you engage the chinpiece.

I upgraded from Neotec to Neotec 2 this year, lovely helmet.

If shape suits your head then I reckon you’ll not do better.

My latest is the Bell SRT Modular, all the usual stuff, drop down sun visor etc. Bought it purely because it was the most comfortable:thumb

Note to self.....don’t upset Arsey......:teacher:teacher
1/10.

Must not be a smart arse when one knows fuck all.

Clime:

The key to remembering clime is that it's so similar to "climate," with which it shares the Greek root klima, "zone." So a clime is a zone that has a characteristic climate. Folks in colder climes think nothing of the kind of snowfall that we down here in the south get all panicked about. But then again, when they come here to our warmer clime, they forget to put on sunscreen; people from one clime can learn a lot from a visit to a different clime.

So “hot clime” or hot climate is perfect use of the word ‘clime’ and is more appropriate than your ‘sunny clime’ as climate changes are more usually described with regard to temperature variation rather than cloud cover,or lack of.

So shove that up yer rant :)

I just bought a Neotec 2. Had a Shark before with a Sena 20S Evo intercom and fancied trying a flip front, the ability to fit the Sena SRL was also a draw. The Shark was OK, fairly comfy but the flip down sun visor wasn't great with glasses so I had to wear contact lenses.

Initial impressions (only had it a week) are that it's very comfy, fairly quiet, having the integrated intercom is great (speakers fit over my ears better, more comfortable). The sun visor is also great, easily clearing my glasses. Also has a slot for the glasses side arms to fit in. My bro reckons he can get his helmet on and off without removing his glasses but it doesn't work for me, different glasses I guess. It also works better with my GS screen, I'm fairly tall (6' 5"), I have an MRA vario screen and even with that couldn't really ride over 50mph or so with the Shark visor up. The Neotec seems much better, OK with visor up at 70+ and even seems pretty good with the whole front flipped up.

I have just got a Neotec 2, having used an Arai Viper GT previously. The big reason for the change was the flip down sun visor, which works brilliantly. There are other things I am less impressed with. The ventilation seems poor compared to the Arai. The chin vent sends the air up inside the visor, so doesn't actually provide cool / fresh air to breathe, so I find myself cracking the visor when entering 30 mph zones to get some fresh air in the helmet. The chin curtain can be removed, but then there is no control while riding, just a big draught. The quality of the finish does not seem to be as good as the Arai. It may just be that having a black helmet makes any marks obvious, but the slightest scuff seems to show through white under the black top coat. It's either a very soft coating (likely, as marks are very easy to polish out) or very thin, or both. Finally, as a glasses wearer, the cut outs for glasses arms in the Arai padding made wearing glasses really comfortable, whereas the padding in the Neotec seems to push in on the arms and disturb the glasses fit. At the moment, I'm not sure how long I'll be using this before shopping for a replacement.

Bought Neotec 2 with SRL comms . Very comfortable comms connects easily with the TFT/Nav and IPhone .... but I do find it very noisy it’s not much quieter that the Shoei Hornet ADV or the Arai Tour X4 that it replaced . So snug is the fit I does tend to mist up along the bottom edge off visor . Drop down sun visor works well and easily activate with gloved hand as does the top vent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought Neotec 2 with SRL comms . Very comfortable comms connects easily with the TFT/Nav and IPhone .... but I do find it very noisy it’s not much quieter that the Shoei Hornet ADV or the Arai Tour X4 that it replaced . So snug is the fit I does tend to mist up along the bottom edge off visor . Drop down sun visor works well and easily activate with gloved hand as does the top vent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one when they first came out on the scope that they were "The quietest modular helmet on the market",It wasnt , my old HJC RPH?? was a lot quieter so i sent it back to Shoei UK to get it checked and the said they had adjusted it but it wasnt any different,so i asked them about it and they replied with It could be your style of riding,what kind of bike you ride(faired un-faired)what clothing you wear ,uprightbike,sports,tourer etc so thats their get out of jail card. Anyhow id had ive had it that long i'll live with it,Althuogh i must admit its a comfy lid,and i did find out that the RT creates negative pressure which culminates in wind coming up from underneath the bike(Alegedley).

Back
Top Bottom