Installing Open Steet Maps onto a 660

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
....i have a 660 with 2010 maps on never been updated.so i have downloaded the zip file of uk from osm and unzipped it but am having problems getting the maps to work on the 660 do they have to go on a sd card or can they go straight to the 660 memory,there is space to fit it in the 660.also do i have to have basecamp or anything else on my computer,thanks in advance.

I have started you your own thread, rather than muddling it into one about alternative American maps.

thanks for that wapping, i didnt realise i had hijacked his thread sorry.it all looks rather complicated to me being a computer novice,just didnt want to pay 75£ for the maps on a 10 yr old device but i may have to,looked at your link wapping and my head exploded.

Some Garmin 660’s came with lifetime map upgrades.

It might be worth checking yours.

thanks people will give it a go and will get back to you just have to get a new micro sd as this 16g one i have keeps saying a message about it not working and my computer cant format it cheers :thumby:

SD cards are now so cheap, if you are ever in doubt, replace it with a new one, fresh out of the packet. Always try to head to one of the recognisesd brands, not some shonky copy.

so i have bought a 16 gb card fat 32 and the unzipped file is going into the card (Garmin file created)but no joy the sat nav isnt recognizing the maps being there.i am nearly at the point of giving up.:blast it also says the image file is corrupted when i try to use it.for what its worth when i download the map gmapsupp.img it doesnt download the .img bit just gmapsupp.

not sure how i did this but i now have osm generic routable gbr12-04-2019 on my 660, after a bit of looking on the web i put an image on my satnav it didnt have any on and i tried again and they showed up.also the file with the map in i opend it and it said then it was an image file so i loaded that to the sd card and hey presto done.i cant say i knew what i was doing so it was more luck than skill anyway i now have an updated 660 thanks for all the info guys :bow

not sure how i did this but i now have osm generic routable gbr12-04-2019 on my 660, after a bit of looking on the web i put an image on my satnav it didnt have any on and i tried again and they showed up.also the file with the map in i opend it and it said then it was an image file so i loaded that to the sd card and hey presto done.i cant say i knew what i was doing so it was more luck than skill anyway i now have an updated 660 thanks for all the info guys :bow

1 quid in the charity box on Sunday................:beerjug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom