Interesting cheap code reader

Pauly S

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ive recently bought the round BMW plug to EOBD adaptor from Ebay. This is the adaptor im using .Its on IOS on an Iphone SE. Im using an app on IOS called "CAR SCANNER" , it works brill on the cars , Ive tried 4 different apps, and they all pants.This one is pretty good.Im using the pro version which cost a fiver.
So. ive generated some faults on the 2012 GSA and heres what i generated.I unplugged the LHS petrol injector and got P27A7, the RHS injector and got P27A6 and unplugged the TPS and got P2747.You have to do them one at at time and clear the code every time before generating another.Its easy to clear.
So i wanted some help and wondered if anybody else wanted to join in the fun and see what codes we could come up with?, to compile a list and make it available for all.
Ive not got the bike in bits at the moment,and didnt want to strip it, but if somebody has theirs in bits we could gather more data and was particularly interested in the Air Temp sensor,Oil temp sensor, the Crank Pos Sensor,MAF sensor if it has one, and MAP sensor if it has one., and the oxygen sensors.Im sure theres more. Cheers Pauly.

There is not a MAF or MAP sensor.
I think it would have been good if it used 2 MAP sensors instead of the algorithm that it must use to do away with these.
Build as cheap as possible or parts left out cost nothing and cause few service problems ???

There is not a MAF or MAP sensor.
I think it would have been good if it used 2 MAP sensors instead of the algorithm that it must use to do away with these.
Build as cheap as possible or parts left out cost nothing and cause few service problems ???
Well, im not really bothered on the politics of it. i just want a list of codes and relative informations.

I think some are mismatched codes or manufacturer specific ie P27a7. try and find that!

It wasnt meant to be a look here there all there,

It was more of an overview , save you doing loads of stuff thats allready known

Well done, thats the kinda thing were looking for!
There much a source somewhere to convert the bmw specific codes to P codes. ive emailed the developer of the ios app "car scannner", to see if they know.

Back
Top Bottom