Bridgestone T31 tyres

hatzyian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone used the T31 tyre on their LC GS?

Need new tyres soon and fancied a change to a 'road' tyre.

Have A41s on at the moment, and have been happy with them, but find them slow to turn in and then need a fair bit of force to hold a tight line.

All comments appreciated.

Not on the GS, but my used S1000XR came with them. They are very good, used them from last July and through the winter. Worked in all conditions. No idea of the mileage as I do not have a record of when they were fitted, but I have ridden 3000 miles on them and will need to fit new tyres for my June trip.

My LC RS has Avon Storm 3D XM and if these come in GS sizes I would use them. Last well and are only £190 a set, fitted to the bike at Chris Mullins in Gloucester. These were used in Spain and Portugal in September and stood up will to the heat, up to 43C (I note you are in Cyprus). Superb in the wet too.

All tyres tend to need input to hold a line as they wear, that's why a new set always feel good.
Have not tried the T31.
My choice of tyre is the Pirelli Scorpion Trail, grippy and VERY confidence inspiring with very good mileage. Best tyre I have tried on the GS by some margin inc Ank 3, dunlop trailsmart, PR4 and Roadtec 01 , I have not tried the PR5, suppsed to be good.

I used them on a GSA with no problems. Nothing particularly outstanding, but gripped ok, were quiet and lasted well.

After a great deal of procrastination including my wife 'dowsing' for the best tyres, I've ended up with a set of Metzler Roadtec 01's.
My 50 km ride home after they were fitted was in the rain on the motorway, so no real opinion formed. This morning I had a run out of about 100km of nice twisty tarmac. Took things very easy at first, but as the km built up more lean angle and power.
Initial thoughts, smooth and quiet, good handling, very 'grippy' (is that a word). Looking forward to a good summers riding with these on.

Have the A41's and delighted with those. Great tyres. Don't mind a little rider input to turn in...after all, we've got to do some of the work :rolllaugh

Road Tech 01 , as all have said a good tyre but if you push the front end becomes squirmy as the wet weather sipes cause the addition tyre tread movement, Good grip all the same.
Conti Trail 2 , great all round tyre , more road than off , and will reward in all situations and give an assured feeling when pushing the front , rear follows like a faithfull dog.
Conti Trail 3 as above but better and even more road focused only don around 700 miles but well impressed.
PR5 , hard one this as used on a 5 day trip to Spain , only lasted the 5 days but the grip was awesome and the turn in was fast , but wear for a set only 1500 miles. Done about 1000 on another set in the uk and they still showed heavy wear in the winter months.
Conti Road 3 , again a good tyre but slow to turn , which surprised me as the CT3 turns really well , just did not suit me , but still feel it would be a good touring tyre as the grip is good and steady under heavy braking.
Anaki 3 , as most say not the best but a good mileage tyre but lack feel and its noisey may be due to the harder compound. But distance value good.

My style of riding is for pleasure and to push the 1250 . Wales area plus trips to Spain etc , avoiding main roads and motorways , so may not be relevant to some so its just a summary of what I have found running two sets of wheels.
The current Conti Trail 3 seem to me to be the best of the bunch so far ( okay may need a few more miles ) but they seem to take on all the good point of all the choices but don't have any real faults.
IMHO

Back
Top Bottom