disabling fuel level sensor error warning

Malvern_Beemer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would be grateful if anyone could advise how to disable the dash[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif] fuel level sensor error warning. My 2010 GSA fuel level sensor strip went faulty again so I decided to convert to a float using the convertor gizmo procured from Holland but can't get it to work. For now, I just want to disable the error message on the dash and use the trip meter for fuel level until I can get around to fixing the float sensor. I have a wifi GS-911 but for the life of me can't find where to disable this warning.[/FONT]

I thought 2010 bikes already used a float sensor, anyway, there is no way to switch off or disable the warning. https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-for-broken-fuel-strips!?highlight=fuel+strip lets you know how to built a circut that will fool the guage intto thinking there is fuel though. The link to the original article is dead now but post 6 has the diagram. Getting the float conversion to work would be a better option though.

According to realoem

2 options for a 2010 GSa (dont know the exact month of manf)

Low level ZFE or ZFE basic ie no onboard computer uses the float system

High leve ZFE ie with onvoard computer (range mpg etc) uses the fuel strip

go figure lol

Hmmm. I was thinking about the Proebeemer converter. Maybe not if it doesn't work. Have you contacted him to see if there is a fix? You can put a resistor across 2 of the terminals and the bike thinks it's full. However it chucks up a couple of other issues like the right hand side of fuel tank not transferring to the left. Bendytoy knows more about this.

I did the modification referred to in post #2 last year after a few years of putting up with the alarms. The hardest bit was making the connections into the loom plug, I eventually found some pins of the right size, soldered the circuit to the pins and pushed the pins into the plug, wrapped the lot in insulating tape and it’s been fine since.

I didn’t want to cut the loom plug off in case a ‘solution’ to the fuel strip problem becomes available in the future but if you do cut it off you can solder the leads together and heat shrink everything to weatherproof it.

Not sure about the fuel transfer issue. I generally fill up after approx 300 miles (on a GSA) and usually get about 27 litres or so in. I haven’t had any issues with fuel starvation but I don’t know at what point fuel being stuck in the right side of the tank would become an issue.

Decided to have another go at getting the Proebeemer converter to work. With it fitted (with float part no. 16148554065) I'm still getting the yellow triangle and 'Fuel!' warning message on the dash. The GS-911 is reporting no fault codes on the ZFE-High controller (output below).
The Proebeemer converter manual makes this reference to the GS911 but I can't work out what is meant by 'assign foil sensor' or how you might do this with the GS911.

"10. Be sure that the fuel system gives no errors in e.g. the diagnosis with GS911 and that you
assign “foil sensor” with the GS911."

GS911 output:

ZFE-High : -
Controller Type : Vehicle Electronics
Controller Name : ZFE-High
Controller : 6300
Part No. : 07720228
Hardware Index : 07
Coding Index : 09
Manufacture Date (YY/MM/DD) : 2004-04-15
MCV : 0.6.0
FSV : 3.0.1
OSV : 3.3.0
Manufacturer : Loewe / Lear
Factory I-Level : K024-09-08-560
Actual I-Level : K024-14-08-500
Configuration :
: Speed sensor manufacturer is Bosch
: Speed sensor type is DF11
: ABS fitted
: ESA fitted
: ESA has hall sensor
: Heated grips
: Outside temperature sensor
: Brake light switch status over CAN
: Rear bulb replacement
: Film type fuel sensor
: Manual low beam off switch
: Brake light type is LED
: Rear light type is LED
: Storage of temperature indication when engine hot
Fault Codes : 0

You create a permanent full tank and stop the warning with resistors in the wiring connector.

35 Ohm between pins 2 and 3
2K Ohm between 1 and 4 A higher resistance should game it show a lower level on the gauge. Try 2.2K and 2.5K.
1Meg Ohm between pins 3 and 4

I have no idea why it needs the 1 Meg but the triangle will show without it.

Back
Top Bottom