Myth versus fact 1250 variable valve trouble

I'm hoping they have a serious recall that warrants a buyback like the 2014 shock issue on the first RTLC. I had one, got my money back in full, then repurchased the exact same bike when it was fixed, and saved 4 grand in the process. Loved it!

er no it really wasnt

I saw the engine cutout on the BMW Stand because I was poking at that shift cam actuator thinking.... that's gonna fail :D

I saw the engine cutout on the BMW Stand because I was poking at that shift cam actuator thinking.... that's gonna fail :D

So what engineering expertise do you have, please enlighten me, in case I need to be worried about the actuator failing in my engine.

I’ll give it at least another 12months before I swap to a 1250, we’ll then have a better idea of how long these things are going to last - please keep buying them, I need the data :)

I’ll give it at least another 12months before I swap to a 1250, we’ll then have a better idea of how long these things are going to last - please keep buying them, I need the data :)

Zoomed through the 150 mile barrier now :) Just upset Warlord, I'm not worried, I have a 3 year warranty :)

So what engineering expertise do you have, please enlighten me, in case I need to be worried about the actuator failing in my engine.

I had a Mechano Kit at age 7. All you need to know.

You do realise it is a BMW warranty

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've done ok from MR BMW previously, 2 new sets of headers on my RT, due to the flap sticking, and both were out of BMW warranty and not covered by the insured BMW warranty, so they did ok by me, but I think there is a lot to be said for having a good dealer as well :) Never bought a new BMW before, always bought used, so still in a bubble :)

I have spoken to a contact in BMW and it's sticking exhaust valves that are a problem on a few bikes which is being wrongly interpreted as engine issues. Advice was to thrash the bike and ignore the nimbies.

I think waiting for the first update/mk2 on Year 4 would be the best...

Think of hex in 2008on , and WC 2016on...

Shit...my valves are going to fail, and BMW wont fix it under warranty.....

Please, please, please will someone take my R1250GS TE Exclusive off my hands before it all blows up!

Bubb

Shit...my valves are going to fail, and BMW wont fix it under warranty.....

Please, please, please will someone take my R1250GS TE Exclusive off my hands before it all blows up!

Bubb

Eeeeear, Tell you what....you blow by my gaff, and I'll take it affaff ur 'ans for say £500 (I couldn't take a penny more). Canny take any less or I'd be cuttin me own throat!

Back
Top Bottom