Final drive fail.

Great for your wallet! Did you know why the o-ring got chewed like that?

mikeyboy

my mates went he send it to mikeyboy top job my mate then put it together we rode round Sweden germany highly delighted

I guess when I changed the FD oil about 1k ago I should of replaced the o ring I suspect it's the original and over its life time the sensor has been in and out a few times and got a bit saggy. Most likely pinched it.

Ok makes sense. Just asking in case you recently got the bike and someone else been poking around or something like that. Forget the details. Glad it is alo sorted cheaply.

The speedo sensor O ring is very easy to damage. I put mine into the FD case then carefully fit the sensor to avoid pushing the ring inside the case. This seems less likely to wreck the O ring than leaving it on the sensor.

Ive a GSA 40k miles,There is a noise like metal spinning but does not change with speed and is more noticable around 40 mph.I initally thought front wheel bearings (because im finding it difficult to pinpoint the sound)so change these out rebalanced the front wheel but alas its still there.So what are my Inital checks to see if there is a problem with the FD.

So had my bike in with BMW getting fuel sensor replaced, thankfully paid for by the Dealer whom I bought the bike from and they diagnosed the main bearing as been gone.So Its now in with them getting replaced also being taken care of by the Dealer I purchased the bike off so hopefully that's it all taken care of. I hope they will do a full check on the FD to make sure everything is in order.

1700 miles around the NC500 in sunny Scotland absolutely brilliant. No oil leak dramas so looks like the bad o ring was the cause

Attachments

• F1EF2DF2-DD3E-45B1-9546-75EF72E254FF.jpg
    F1EF2DF2-DD3E-45B1-9546-75EF72E254FF.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 232

Back
Top Bottom