R1200RT-P retrofit alarm and RDC

NeilH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK so I could pick up the alarm/RDC module from ebay etc quite easily and get 2 tyres sensors....or even get from a scrap yard here (South Africa)

Question 1 : if I had a GS-911 could I enable the alarm and RDC module as it was NOT originally fitted?
Question 2: Would the alarm module basically just plug in or do I need another cable?
Question 3. Don't bother.....using this 'name' tyre pressure sensors instead.

If I could just take the BMW one and retrofit it I don't need to worry about another gauge on the handlebar/dash, it becomes part of standard equipment.

If you think that the BMW ones aren't up to the task (Other than they might need to be replaced when the battery dies), give me a brand that you think is better and how does the tyre pressure monitor look on your bike.

Planning my late August projects for when I'm in the UK.
I've already got panniers,seat,foot rests all the rear fitment to convert to civilian
Getting a quote from my local South African BMW agent on a fuel strip (It will fit in my suitcase), if it's cheaper here I'll buy one unless I convert to the float version.
Fit tyre monitor.

I did see a previous posting where someone already had the alarm they just wanted to retrofit the RDC.

What do you guys think?

Neil

Alarms are a pita. Spend the money on a good quality chain. Likewise tyre pressure sensors. Spend the cash on a decent 12v tyre pump and a Stop n Go kit.

Next?

I'm not particularly interested in the alarm, Security is another ball game, that just so happens to contain the TPS module information, but the embedded TPS into the BMW dash appeals....but it's doesn't mean it's the way to go.

I will fit and on-board air compressor, or at worst, use those compressed air capsules that I use on my GS. I always carry puncture kit and it's been used plenty of times.

Smogbob: I noted post number 5. As for the third party ones, it comes down to waterproofing, charging the monitor or add permanent feed and having to mount it somewhere.

I'm not particularly interested in the alarm, Security is another ball game, that just so happens to contain the TPS module information, but the embedded TPS into the BMW dash appeals....but it's doesn't mean it's the way to go.

I will fit and on-board air compressor, or at worst, use those compressed air capsules that I use on my GS. I always carry puncture kit and it's been used plenty of times.

Smogbob: I noted post number 5. As for the third party ones, it comes down to waterproofing, charging the monitor or add permanent feed and having to mount it somewhere.

:thumb:thumb hope you get it sorted, just do not forget dealer will have to flash new software, for sure, might as well ask them for a price to do it all.

Back
Top Bottom