Reccomend me a decent powder coating place central belt

rhun91

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

How I have my car my fine steed deserves some TLC to bring it back to A condition. My footrest hangers, and centre stand are looking a bit worse for wear after a few Scottish winters.

Does anybody know a good bodyshop to get these powder coated? I'm based in Falkirk but willing to travel for a decent place. Not too expensive as I'm a skint 27 year old.

Many thanks

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Ended up visiting a 'powder coat monkeys' in Bonnybridge. The guy quoted me £70 to get my centre stand and both footrest plates done on my RT. Does that sound reasonable?

Ended up visiting a 'powder coat monkeys' in Bonnybridge. The guy quoted me £70 to get my centre stand and both footrest plates done on my RT. Does that sound reasonable?

I paid £20 to get an aluminium Givi rack/side arms in satin black for my k1300r, as it is metallic grey/black the shiny silver would have driven me up the wall.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Seems a lot - I've been quoted £120 for a complete frame and swinging arm and that's with them doing all the prep on the threads/voids etc.

Seems a lot - I've been quoted £120 for a complete frame and swinging arm and that's with them doing all the prep on the threads/voids etc.
Hmm, interesting. Perhaps I'd be best visiting a few now I've took the foot rest plates off. I've withdrew the centre stand after trying to take the thing off, seems like a job I'd regret doing. Thats getting sprayed on the bike.

but plus VAT
Ah, the prices I was quoted were all in. They said they charge £50 a wheel so it seems the prices might be reasonable after all. I think £50 for the footrest hangers on an RT seems okay as they're a decent Chunk of metal but that's the first quote I've had so I'm going to shop about tomorrow.

Ah, the prices I was quoted were all in. They said they charge £50 a wheel so it seems the prices might be reasonable after all. I think £50 for the footrest hangers on an RT seems okay as they're a decent Chunk of metal but that's the first quote I've had so I'm going to shop about tomorrow.

Ask for details of happy customers, quality is worth the extra, that and they understand motorbike stuff, not industrial shelving !

Ask for details of happy customers, quality is worth the extra, that and they understand motorbike stuff, not industrial shelving !

They specifically do motorbike parts, there was a couple of bikes in bits when I went in and he was happy to show me his work so all seemed okay to me. The other companies I've seen online seem to be mostly general stuff or wheel refurb.
I'll report back on the workmanship if I do go ahead with them.

They specifically do motorbike parts, there was a couple of bikes in bits when I went in and he was happy to show me his work so all seemed okay to me. The other companies I've seen online seem to be mostly general stuff or wheel refurb.
I'll report back on the workmanship if I do go ahead with them.

If they're happy to show you examples of work he's good or his surname is Trump !

Results from Powder Coat Monkeys. New lease of life for the old RT.
44d6b4aab0292cb65aba264f68b3f80d.jpg
71a0a9354f700cbb3227eb8299e6c765.jpg

Back
Top Bottom