Interesting service discovery

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
Well after passing a nice morning getting the bike serviced, must have because of extended warranty, I found out that my non TFT bike gets the software upgrades for free and it takes 10 minutes at the most, however if I had the TFT it would take between 2 and 3 hours and is a paid service...:D so even happier with my bike now, also seen a nice bike loaded up, pics below.

Latest software update numbers for bike that had stock map bought in April 2017, new map is the one starting with 19

Software for the bike, whether TFT or not is not chargeable.
Enjoy Ya Jack Daniels.

Software for the bike, whether TFT or not is not chargeable.
Enjoy Ya Jack Daniels.

Not according to what my dealer said this morning Nige, they said it takes 3 hours and has a cost, they do not charge for non TFT, official BMW dealer...........:nenau:nenau maybe if bike has a problem and software upgrade fixes it under warranty, that would make sense, however if just asking for the latest and greatest, well............

Nonsense.
It does , or can take up to three hours. But they cant/wont charge you.
Cods wollap :thumb

In fact Smog, Mine is booked in Saturday for its 12K service, new rear tyre, spoke check and software update. I can assure you they are not charging me for the software .

In fact Smog, Mine is booked in Saturday for its 12K service, new rear tyre, spoke check and software update. I can assure you they are not charging me for the software .

Must send my bike to the UK for next service then............;) off to watch LFC

Me too. Liverpool should win 2 nil.
Enjoy mate.

Latest software update numbers for bike that had stock map bought in April 2017, new map is the one starting with 19

That means March 2019 and that is not a map as such. It’s the I-level of the bike and can including anything from a simple encode of one module or software updates to several modules. Think of it more like firmware

Underneath that part it will show the dealer what modules require updates but it won't show them what changes are made i.e. no release notes

That means March 2019 and that is not a map. It’s the I-level of the bike and can including anything from a simple encode of one module or software updates to several modules. Think of it more like firmware

Ta Fred ah well I will plug in my GS-911 and see if anything else appears from my last check..........:D

My 2017 TFT shod bike had the 3 hour software update done a couple of weeks ago. No charge. :thumb2

I would imagine most of the modules would have been updated as your old software was two years old.

Well in any case Fred felt nothing different on the way home, bike did not break warp speed................however I did overtake a Citroen 2CV.........:p

I just don't understand why any software update takes 3 to 4 hours?

That's crazy. Don't understand why.

Apparently the TFT based bikes have loads more packages to download and install, our dinosaurs are easy.............;)

Thank God for that.

2017 FTW :D

Back
Top Bottom