Used Bike Day

The mudslinger and fender extender arrived, the fender extender fitted not problem. The rear mudslinger fitted but is really close the the tyre, so much so that it rubs the tyre in one spot. i took it off and checked fitting seems ok, it could be that its on the centre stand i suppose.
Anyone else had this issue with the rear mudslinger?

Thanks

With your Nav VI you must remove it from the cradle and never leave it on your bike. It doesn't fully turn off unless you power it down from the button on the back.... regardless what the screen says.

Then always make sure it's fully charged via USB power lead in the house, before you put it on your bike before a ride.

This will give it a fighting chance to work...

Never new that :beerjug:

If you're considering a tank bag, check out SW Motech evo range of bags that mount on tank rings. No paint damage and very convenient to use.

The mudslinger and fender extender arrived, the fender extender fitted not problem. The rear mudslinger fitted but is really close the the tyre, so much so that it rubs the tyre in one spot. i took it off and checked fitting seems ok, it could be that its on the centre stand i suppose.
Anyone else had this issue with the rear mudslinger?

Thanks

I notced slight rubbing on a new tourance rear tyre. Eased it slightly by moving the mudsling a little bit. The rubbing soon stops when its done a few miles.
I think its worse when fitting knobbly type tyres...tkc80 etc.

I notced slight rubbing on a new tourance rear tyre. Eased it slightly by moving the mudsling a little bit. The rubbing soon stops when its done a few miles.
I think its worse when fitting knobbly type tyres...tkc80 etc.

Hi thanks for the reply, how did you move the mudsling slightly. The mudsling slots into the rear hugger already on the bike and the 4 cable ties secure it to the frame.
Sorry for all the questions just hope i am not going to have problems with it.

I am thinking perhaps i should have gone for this eBay cheap version
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Fen...h=item3f76141351:g:NK0AAOSw6GJaA8N3#vi-ilComp

Hi thanks for the reply, how did you move the mudsling slightly. The mudsling slots into the rear hugger already on the bike and the 4 cable ties secure it to the frame.
Sorry for all the questions just hope i am not going to have problems with it.

I am thinking perhaps i should have gone for this eBay cheap version
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Fen...h=item3f76141351:g:NK0AAOSw6GJaA8N3#vi-ilComp

Does it rub with the weight on the bike? Mine touches slightly on the centre stand but not on the side stand.

There have been a few reports of the knock-offs rubbing against the swing arm.

Does it rub with the weight on the bike? Mine touches slightly on the centre stand but not on the side stand.

The tyre was replaced just before MOT test so I removed the mudsling completely rather than risking an mot fail because of the rubbing...
When I refitted it I tried altering the position slightly by not shoving it right down into the little slot. There wasnt a great deal of pressure between the tyre and mudsling( it only contacted on one portion of the tyre, hardly at all, but still audible), so any slight change did make a difference.
Once the tyre had worn slightly it wasnt an issue.

I think it could be the fact that it has a new tyre fitted, the clearance is really tight and surely you should not have to wait for the tyre to wear down a bit. Very confused what to do now...

The tyre was replaced just before MOT test so I removed the mudsling completely rather than risking an mot fail because of the rubbing...
When I refitted it I tried altering the position slightly by not shoving it right down into the little slot. There wasnt a great deal of pressure between the tyre and mudsling( it only contacted on one portion of the tyre, hardly at all, but still audible), so any slight change did make a difference.
Once the tyre had worn slightly it wasnt an issue.

I think it could be the fact that it has a new tyre fitted, the clearance is really tight and surely you should not have to wait for the tyre to wear down a bit. Very confused what to do now...

Were the bikes on the centre stand or side stand?

I use Pilot Road 5's and on the centre it touches, on the side there's no contact.

Were the bikes on the centre stand or side stand?

I use Pilot Road 5's and on the centre it touches, on the side there's no contact.

I did have it on the centre stand, will double check on the side stand fingers crossed. Will let all know.

Hi all
I tried the Mudslinger on the bike off the centre stand and it did not touch, but the gap was so small you could not even get the tip of your little finger between tyre and Mudslinger. Not willing to risk it with the gap being so so small.

Have looked on Youtube and found the videos below, one with Mudslinger and then the other where he mentioned it rubbed the tyre. He then went for the hugger as in the second video, have any others tried the hugger (cheap option) not the Wunderlich one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSBXOFSGilM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGCPyfQWfI4

What about this one anyone tried this?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-12...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Back
Top Bottom