Used Bike Day

DazGS

Reaction score
Well after looking for a few months trying to find the best deal within price range, I finally picked up my 2016 GSA yesterday. Very happy with purchase and the fact that it already had the luggage with it. I purchased a Sat Nav 6 at the same time, lots of updates for the Sat Nav and now to look at how to use it.
Then there is all the accessories i have been looking at, already ordered some eBay pannier liners.
Now looking at ordering the Mudslinger and fender extender.
Do others also have headlight guard, Side stand foot support recommendations? Still undecided on the tank bag to choose if i get one.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bb2.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3bb2.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 812
I have the wunderlich stand foot enlarger mainly because I have a gravel drive. Seems fine to me. I usually get on the bike by standing on the side peg and swinging my leg over and it manages that ok.

With your Nav VI you must remove it from the cradle and never leave it on your bike. It doesn't fully turn off unless you power it down from the button on the back.... regardless what the screen says.

Then always make sure it's fully charged via USB power lead in the house, before you put it on your bike before a ride.

This will give it a fighting chance to work...

Go Gravel foot enlarger are very good and if you just want a small tank bag that you can see the clocks over the sw motech day bag is also very good.

With your Nav VI you must remove it from the cradle and never leave it on your bike. It doesn't fully turn off unless you power it down from the button on the back.... regardless what the screen says.

Then always make sure it's fully charged via USB power lead in the house, before you put it on your bike before a ride.

Does it not charge from the bike while you're riding?

When i switch off the ignition the Nav says do you want to power off? I select yes and it seems to power down. Are saying it does not power down when switching ignition off also do i also need to charge it in the house?

When i switch off the ignition the Nav says do you want to power off? I select yes and it seems to power down. Are saying it does not power down when switching ignition off also do i also need to charge it in the house?

It does power down after ignition off and pressing power off, however if you leave the bike for about 4 weeks without riding, you will find battery flat, and takes a few hours riding for it to come back to life, better as warlord says, stick it on the mains with the usb cable for 2 hours, and you will be fine, nice video below, for setting digital speedo and tyre pressures as most use I would imagine, when not using the navigation.

Nice bike, and the best colour :D
Yep, you need all the parts you mentioned, plus rad guards, and more... enjoy the bike... they are awesome bike, I love riding mine just for the pleasure of it.:thumby::beerjug: ride safe:D

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 664
Mudsling and fender extender, engine protector. Sidestand foot a good idea.
I use a clear stick-on ( not adhesive, more like a vinyl wrap) headlight protector off ebay, it usually appears if you search 'R1200gs lc' -- proper job made by a company that supply kits for cars. Optically clear and a very good fit, can't see its there unless you know.. and then a cymarc protector to stop flying rocks.

Not sure why nutty says not necessary....those led lights aint cheap to replace

Nice bike. enjoy your new toy :beerjug: Definitely get the mudsling for the front and rear. expensive but both look like they grew there and great quality. Used to be able to buy both with discount at Nippy Normans.
I went for the camel Toe for my side stand. An expensive option at circa £60 but beautifully made and does the job well. I don't have a centre stand so rely on it at all times.

Other than that ride and enjoy. Getting mine Hilltopped on Wednesday so looking forward to that. Hope I'm not disappointed....

Same bike/year as mine, different colour scheme...great looking bike. I wouldn't bother with headlamp protector personally nor the foot enlarger for the stand...I find mine fine for most surfaces and don't like to leave the bike on side stand any more vertical than it is standard (been there before with a Ducati which blew off the side stand in a high wind!). Cheap ebay pannier liners a good idea. I also changed the horn for a much louder lower frequency unit off an E59 BMW 5 series. I haven't bothered with a re-map either as fuelling is already good and it pulls fine in any gear. Enjoy...

Ref the Nav charging. When it shuts down in the bikes cradle, it only goes into standby mode. For full shutdown to save battery, you need to remove it from the cradle and power it down with the physical power button on the back of the unit.
A low battery can give some weird issues, especially with Bluetooth connections and playing music.

Mudsling and fender extender, engine protector. Sidestand foot a good idea.
I use a clear stick-on ( not adhesive, more like a vinyl wrap) headlight protector off ebay, it usually appears if you search 'R1200gs lc' -- proper job made by a company that supply kits for cars. Optically clear and a very good fit, can't see its there unless you know.. and then a cymarc protector to stop flying rocks.

Not sure why nutty says not necessary....those led lights aint cheap to replace

Because the headlight is made from bullet proof lexan, and there hasn’t been one report of a damaged one on here ;)

Thanks all for the advice and responses, i have ordered the Mudslinger, and fender extender. Nippy Normans still do both at a discount, still not cheap but have seen them fitted to another bike at the dealer and they looked good quality and fit.
I have ordered radiator guards from Go Gravel, always fitted radiator guards to all my previous bikes (just in case).
The bike is so comfortable and feels like you can ride for miles and miles, have definitely made the right decision.

Back
Top Bottom