Who needs backlit switchgear?

Well I think its a winner....... The backlit version as regaled by other premium brands are hugely flawed in that as soon as you put your thumb on the said switch - you can't see what it is.

perhaps you could use a similar system attached beneath each foot peg to act as 'puddle lights' so that my new gortex Alpinestars Toucans don't get wet as I approach my awesome, but dark, steed???

Carry on.

...even better, have a red cockpit light illuminating all controls, instruments, tankbag and rider - Now that would really shout tactical, ex mili, weaponised

Attachments

• 8165FBA9-16D5-4EAA-B48A-DF73494FCC42.jpeg
    8165FBA9-16D5-4EAA-B48A-DF73494FCC42.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 265
Not outrageous in my opinion, just odd. Are they (you) also members of numerous forums for which you bear no relation with? Pig farmer Uk, Morris dancer forum (Eng), forum of double glaziers?

You do know that Wapping owns a GS don’t you?

...even better, have a red cockpit light illuminating all controls, instruments, tankbag and rider - Now that would really shout tactical, ex mili, weaponised

Did someone say weaponised.... I'm in.

Lazer guided gloves, so you never miss a button again.

I quite like Arsey's solution.

I have a couple of spare standard lamps for the airhead version.

I'm going to have a quiet word with Mikeyboy to see how I can get 240v from the alternator. I'm guessing we use pulleys, but then again, I'm not that technical. :thumby:

Can you rig up a floor light? So I can see where the footpeg is? A bit like the Mini setup. But with the BMW logo:D

Attachments

• 6C0D0477-2B67-4813-9E40-3B79D51A7CB0.jpg
    6C0D0477-2B67-4813-9E40-3B79D51A7CB0.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 313
Maybe a braille system would be more appropriate on the switches?.. my lad has some jelly tots I’ll give it a go by sticking them on in the correct places.
So you can actually spell out what the button are... Turn, Horn, Heatight... sorry I’ll just feel that one again... Headlight LOL :D

Dragging out the old Cooke and Moore stuff I see (or feel).

I quite like Arsey's solution.

I have a couple of spare standard lamps for the airhead version.

I'm going to have a quiet word with Mikeyboy to see how I can get 240v from the alternator. I'm guessing we use pulleys, but then again, I'm not that technical. :thumby:

Easy, replace the bar end weights with some inverters from the camper, job done. However, angle poise lamps would be more versatile, stylish and aerodynamic as they can be folded away for motorway riding.

Can you rig up a floor light? So I can see where the footpeg is? A bit like the Mini setup. But with the BMW logo:D

This idea has already been covered by (I think) Wunderlich who do a side stand operated light to show you the boggy ground as your trusty steed digs in and keels over.

Fred I think you are bit of a naughty bugger, teasing the Tossers! Any more up your sleeve for tonight?

:thumb

I'm more in the minimalist school of design....I ham-fistedly punch every button in the dark until I get one that works....it works for me probably better than the car ahead and behind me.

Funny how an innocent right indication can result in beeping the horn, flashing the driver in front, indicating left then right to the car behind, altering the ride from "Hard " to "soft" then pogoing down the road.

Even more fun if the same thing is tried on the right handlebar...stall the engine, melt your hands by pressing the heated gloves by mistake, restart the engine for the 3rd time, then just give up and use the windy thing on the end of the right bar.

I had backlit switches on the Triumph explorer, and despite calls of "get a life you should know where all the switches are" it's still all too easy to get caught out sometimes. I actually miss the switchgear on the Trumpet...it was nice and big and easy to reference for dummies like me, and just in case, they lit up gently in admonishment. BMW could follow suit but they haven't so far changed controls for many years.

Not sure though I'd like the cute little mini street lamps on my bars....each to their own and it was neatly done Fred, but I think I'd just stick with random bashing of buttons till I get used to where things are in the dark. Maybe eat more carrots or something...

How do you find the button to switch them on? :nenau

It's automatic with this light sensing switch:

A6K5-50825-XL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom