Windscreen

This works well for me.....no buffeting and cuts the wind n rain........ Touratech.

Attachments

• 3A67B8E4-62EE-4A0C-8F93-D5A4AC0A6B9B.jpg
    3A67B8E4-62EE-4A0C-8F93-D5A4AC0A6B9B.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 399
i think, from experience on various "adventure" bikes, that the screens with a spoiler of some sort are the most effective at cleaning up the airflow.

I particularly like the "givi airflow" models which have a fairly large screen over the front of the main screen - the science is that the outerscreen creates a venturi effect which smooths the airflow and channels it over your head. They are very effective but they don't make a model for the LC GS for some reason. "fred" from this forum has actually made one using a 3rd party screen and spare givi airflow parts.

I bought the MRA spoiler with the clamps to try it on the std GSA screen and this worked very well - in the end I bought a 3rd party GSA-rep screen and drilled it to permanently mount the spoiler - it works fantastically well - I wear an open-face helmet for touring and it is comfortable at farily high speeds with no windblast and certainly no turbulence. I'l try and get a picture up later, but I certainly think its the way to go.

I just put the shapeways angle changers on my r1250gsa and it has made a huge difference. I now ride in a nice quiet bubble. I am 6ft 1 and the little devices just move the screen enough to make a huge difference. With the two bolts needed I think it came to about £28.00 so a bargain rather than a new screen.

Remove the screen all together, I ride a GSA, I've had 7 of the fukcers and I don't ride with a screen, not as tiring as you might think just smooooth airflow and zero buffeting. The bike looks a bit weird without a screen but as soon, as you get over yourself you'll realise that the ride is perfect and it won't matter whether the looks tickle your tart reflex or not.

QUOTE=oddshapedballs;5354940]Remove the screen all together, I ride a GSA, I've had 7 of the fukcers and I don't ride with a screen, not as tiring as you might think just smooooth airflow and zero buffeting. The bike looks a bit weird without a screen but as soon, as you get over yourself you'll realise that the ride is perfect and it won't matter whether the looks tickle your tart reflex or not.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree that no screen is the way to go, especially in warm weather. I put a Puig sport screen on mine, it barely covers the clocks but tidied up the looks.

Attachments

• DSC_0182.jpg
    DSC_0182.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_0176-1040x780.jpg
    DSC_0176-1040x780.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 308
I just tried the Puig sport screen this morning after receiving it yesterday.
I really like the way it looks, but the wind noise was absolutely unbearable (using a Shoei NeoTec II helmet). Perhaps tolerable with earplugs, but i don't use those.
Obviously no issues with buffeting or turbulence (as there is none what-so-ever). Air flow is clean, but noise levels were through the roof for me.

2 mins down the main road & reaching 90kph+, i made a U turn and re-installed my Wunderlich Marathon + XCreen and realized just how good that setup really is (for me).

2019050721084224-IMG_8763-L.jpg

i think, from experience on various "adventure" bikes, that the screens with a spoiler of some sort are the most effective at cleaning up the airflow.

I particularly like the "givi airflow" models which have a fairly large screen over the front of the main screen - the science is that the outerscreen creates a venturi effect which smooths the airflow and channels it over your head. They are very effective but they don't make a model for the LC GS for some reason. "fred" from this forum has actually made one using a 3rd party screen and spare givi airflow parts.

I bought the MRA spoiler with the clamps to try it on the std GSA screen and this worked very well - in the end I bought a 3rd party GSA-rep screen and drilled it to permanently mount the spoiler - it works fantastically well - I wear an open-face helmet for touring and it is comfortable at farily high speeds with no windblast and certainly no turbulence. I'l try and get a picture up later, but I certainly think its the way to go.

This is the homemade AirFlow screen. Very effective and easily adjustable on the move.

Fred

A6K-3047129-6061-X2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom