Windscreen

wpm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2019 r1200gs adventure rally Te.
Do any of you have any recommendations for a larger screen I an 6'2" and the standard screen is to low I get lots of buffetting above 80 and a lot of wind on my shoulders.

Any recomendations on a touring screen?

I put a givi gsa screen on mine and it is much better but i am a couple of inches shorter than you.

At 6:2 I fitted a puig touring screen, works pretty well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Phil.
What's it like for the shoulder protection?

Im 6ft 2 run the normal GS screen on my 2017 GS no buffeting at all, and have an extra screen from a GSA for touring and winter, you should be able to find a screen in the for sale section here every now and again, or on fleabay, not worth buying new.

I'm 6ft 2in and quite broad in the shoulder. I have a Givi Highflow screen. I find that I do not need the Cymarc brackets but others do. I can ride with the visor open at motorway speeds with no problems. I get a bit of wind noise but no buffeting. I keep it on the highest setting except on very hot days when I lower it for ventilation purposes. Great bit of kit and not expensive at about £110.00.

WPM, let us know how you get on. I'm in the same place as you, same bike too. I'd be double interested in your feed back once you get it on and tested.
Ta, Chris.

I notice if I put my hand out just on top of the screen wind noise is reduced. I need to try a wunderlich screen deflector or something. I’m sure the peak on my E1 doesn’t help with wind noise where it attaches to the helmet.

Hi guys, I have a 2019 r1200gs adventure rally Te.
Do any of you have any recommendations for a larger screen I an 6'2" and the standard screen is to low I get lots of buffetting above 80 and a lot of wind on my shoulders.

Any recomendations on a touring screen?

Remove the screen all together, I ride a GSA, I've had 7 of the fukcers and I don't ride with a screen, not as tiring as you might think just smooooth airflow and zero buffeting. The bike looks a bit weird without a screen but as soon, as you get over yourself you'll realise that the ride is perfect and it won't matter whether the looks tickle your tart reflex or not.

I notice if I put my hand out just on top of the screen wind noise is reduced. I need to try a wunderlich screen deflector or something. I’m sure the peak on my E1 doesn’t help with wind noise where it attaches to the helmet.
I bought a MRA screen + spoiler for my 2016 GSA but found the screen a bit small. I ended up removing the spoiler and bolting it to the standard GSA screen and for me at 6ft 1" this was the ideal compromise, so much so that when I bought a new GSA last year I had the dealer transfer the screen to the new bike

Will do Chris it should be here tomorrow so I will fit it and report back as to my findings.
Cheers

Will do Chris it should be here tomorrow so I will fit it and report back as to my findings.
Cheers

I have the small deflector on the stock screen but it just isn't cutting it for me.

Remove the screen all together, I ride a GSA, I've had 7 of the fukcers and I don't ride with a screen, not as tiring as you might think just smooooth airflow and zero buffeting. The bike looks a bit weird without a screen but as soon, as you get over yourself you'll realise that the ride is perfect and it won't matter whether the looks tickle your tart reflex or not.

I found it quite noisy when I tried that. Not sure if it was the airflow around the GPS, however when I leaned off centre the wind noise dropped significantly.

I have fitted the Puig touring screen so I will report back in tomorrow night once I have had a ride.

Well I went for a 100 mile trip today and the screen works much the same as the standard one with the exception of the wind on my shoulders is a lot less I can see over the top of it even on its highest setting just

I haven't received the brackets yet but I bought them from Amazon as I did the screen

Givi with cymarc brackets and a fin (cut a piece of acrylic, shape with a heat gun, attach with with 2m twin lock so it can be removed).
No buffeting, no noise, solid as a rock :D

Attachments

• Givi 2.jpg
    Givi 2.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 444
  • Givi 3.jpg
    Givi 3.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 424
  • Givi1.jpg
    Givi1.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 428

Back