1290 SA-T QUICKSHIFTER????

Gregd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve read lots of conflicting stuff about weather it’s available as a software upgrade on the T, doe anybody know wether it is or not?? I have a place local to me who says they can do a remap including the quick shifter upgrade.

No it isn't, the T doesn't have the hardware /sensors needed. It was supposed to have it at launch but ktm couldn't stop the engines from breaking so they pulled it and ended up with some fairly complicated setup they have on the SAS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I’ve read lots of conflicting stuff about weather it’s available as a software upgrade on the T, doe anybody know wether it is or not?? I have a place local to me who says they can do a remap including the quick shifter upgrade.

Send a PM to Bounce on this site. He has one on his.

I fitted the healtech quickshifter to a 1050 adv it also fitted the 1290T plug n play and worked perfect.

Thanks, does it allow both up and down shift and how easy is it to fit?

Up shift only

DD fitted his own cos he's clever; I got a dealer to fit it & then set it up on their rolling road using the IoS app & wizardry of blue tooth :D

Please note - some official KTM dealers will be reluctant to fit them as they're not KTM OEM....

the T doesn't have the hardware /sensors needed. It was supposed to have it at launch but ktm couldn't stop the engines from breaking so they pulled it...

I would be concerned if during KTM's testing of a QS system was "breaking" engines (I assume gearboxes)…

...how much testing have the 3rd party manufacturers done to ensure their system will not shag your gearbox?

But what confuses is me is how come the Gen1 Superdue GT came with a QS as standard - I though it was pretty uch identical to the SA-T Engine (certainly bottom end

I would be concerned if during KTM's testing of a QS system was "breaking" engines (I assume gearboxes)…

In the early days when they were testing the superduke R bikes with QS they were unseating the valves and destroying the engines. However there testing was done on a track and far from normal operation.

No definately engines as ding-dong said above. There is a world of difference between up shifting which you don't even really need a QS for and down shifting. They ended up with some crazy internal gearbox sensors which are set on each engine. Think it's still that way, either way it was never included in the T.

Back
Top Bottom