Dropped it

Beagler

Reaction score
Bike went down yesterday. I stopped to check why our helmets had lost bluetooth. Took mine off and swmbo thought it was a signal to get off. I wasn't ready and the bike and us slowly lowered to the ground. Fortunately had BMW head protectors and the panniers had car bumper foam protectors on the lower bit. The only damage is a tiny bit of rough on the plastic strip in the head protector. I think I will replace it as its a bad memory but to be honest a blind man on a fast horse wouldn't notice it.

Couldnt lift the bike up on my own but between us we managed it.

Nightmare, as long as you guys are ok thats the main thing. Easy done with 2up for sure..

Bloody Bluetooth i had that fun today turned out the missus had decided it would be a good idea to enter pairing mode again and didn’t say. Much head scratching later and i was going through the pairing process and she pipes up ‘oh I did that earlier’. Argh...

I very nearly had mine go over coming off my bike ramp, fingers crossed that will be my lot..

Thanks guys. My wife got back on like nothing had happened despite me standing on her finger and making it bleed a little. Not many 72 year olds would do that methinks.

Did you not give her a slap? Mine knows not to mount or dismount the bike without my say so. You bloody new men.

Not new had bikes in 90’s among them K100RS and K100LT. Harley last year and this proper bike now.

I dropped mine or should I say it rolled off side stand at a service station in front of a coach full of school shits (sorry meant kids ) who thought it was bloody hilarious and took great pleasure videos with their phones , a 56 year old twat trying to lift it back up.
Keep looking on you tube , sure one of the delightful shits would have posted it before now.

Bike went down yesterday. I stopped to check why our helmets had lost bluetooth. Took mine off and swmbo thought it was a signal to get off. I wasn't ready and the bike and us slowly lowered to the ground. Fortunately had BMW head protectors and the panniers had car bumper foam protectors on the lower bit. The only damage is a tiny bit of rough on the plastic strip in the head protector. I think I will replace it as its a bad memory but to be honest a blind man on a fast horse wouldn't notice it.

Couldnt lift the bike up on my own but between us we managed it.

Happened to us at the Zeebrugge ferry terminal waiting to go through passport control , told my wife DO NOT to get on the bike and she thought I said GET on the bike , I was sitting with my right foot down and she (rather unusually ) launched herself onto the bike from the left side with great gusto, the bike my old R1150GS went down and ended up resting on the left side head guard, pannier and hand guard.

My how we laughed ,and how the johnny foreigners in the vicinity marvelled as they learnt some new English words .

Managed to lift the bike on my own and luckily for her she had the passports and boarding cards in her handbag or she may have left on Belgian soil

Back
Top Bottom