Hilltop. Done.

Well it only got another 3 bhp and 2 lb/ft of torque at lower revs, so the figures aren’t that exciting. But the smoothness in the graph, and the torque when riding it is noticeably better. So I’m happy.

Hilltop smooth the dyno power graph by plotting fewer points along the rpm axis so the line looks smoother. He doesn’t make any changes to specific rev ranges - that’s called remapping and takes 3 or 4 hours to do. How thick are you lot?

Hilltop smooth the dyno power graph by plotting fewer points along the rpm axis so the line looks smoother. He doesn’t make any changes to specific rev ranges - that’s called remapping and takes 3 or 4 hours to do. How thick are you lot?

You really do need to get out more.

Are there any good places for a decent brekkie in Swansea, if so try one..........:p

Are there any good places for a decent brekkie in Swansea, if so try one..........:p

He should try and find himself a hooker at the same time, it may ease his anger against Hilltop.

It is obvious that changes have been made to specific Rev ranges but these maps are not individual bike specific - that would take a long time especially if each cylinder was remapped

I had my 2017 GS Rallye Hilltopped remotely in Jersey last week. I was pensive whether it would be worth the money as I was generally happy with the fuelling of my bike. I can report that I do notice an improvement and I am happy with my 'investment'. It is not night and day, more night and dawn but the improvement justifies the price in my opinion. I'm on the ferry to Portsmouth on Thursday night and riding up to the Touratech travel event so I will enjoy the improvement in full off the rock.

I had my 2017 GS Rallye Hilltopped remotely in Jersey last week. I was pensive whether it would be worth the money as I was generally happy with the fuelling of my bike. I can report that I do notice an improvement and I am happy with my 'investment'. It is not night and day, more night and dawn but the improvement justifies the price in my opinion. I'm on the ferry to Portsmouth on Thursday night and riding up to the Touratech travel event so I will enjoy the improvement in full off the rock.

It will obviously give the ECU time to learn its new tune, and run even better after............:beerjug:

Glad to hear that Smogbob

Yep all these new bikes do the same, they learn as you ride, when I remapped myself the fatbob, at first it was a tad choppy, but after a hour or so riding it had all smoothed out nicely, obviously I had no dyno so had to do it that way....:beerjug:

Bit the bullet, and went to see Geoff today for a sprinkling of his special sauce. :eek: :D

As always, the torque has been smoothed out. Power is a bit more than my last 1290, but not by much, however, the bike now pulls like a train and goes as it should.

This is my seventh bike he’s done, and I’m always impressed how the wizard makes these bikes perform properly, without the strangulation of the regs. :beerjug:

so how does it work when you go for a service and they flash a new map.... go back to hill top and ask nicely for them to redo it all over again for free?
mines due a recall electronics update...

mind you I expect it'll still need a map, on a light throttle, low gears, town work it even make it look like BMW know what they are doing

so how does it work when you go for a service and they flash a new map.... go back to hill top and ask nicely for them to redo it all over again for free?
mines due a recall electronics update...

mind you I expect it'll still need a map, on a light throttle, low gears, town work it even make it look like BMW know what they are doing

Hilltop map is in a different area of the ecu not affected by software updates.

I don't think this is true.

all modern vehicles have an adaption section of the engine map (and on autos the gearbox map) ... its designed to compensate for varying tolerances during manufacture, some wear and tear of the vehicle as it ages and I guess some slightly rubbish sensor data its gets... so it self tunes an extra layer of the map.

Once the engine gets a dealer installed later map, any enhancements in this "adaption area" are now useless as they were applicable to the old map.

On my BM I want to re write the disaster BM gave it, not fumble within the limitations of the adaptions layer. But no one does this, they only seem to offer adaption data bodging (and is a main reason "its undetectable..." the map is the original).

This. My bikes have had plenty of software updates since going to Hilltop. As software updates are done on virtually every service, if the Hilltop map got erased, nobody would bother going to Hilltop, as it would be too much hassle.

I never said it was erased, I was saying if the original map is updated then the hilltop addon is now an addon for an out of date map and therefor no longer really optimised for the current map,

it might be a bit better than nothing, but really needs to be updated to suit the respective changes of the map its now got

I never said it was erased, I was saying if the original map is updated then the hilltop addon is now an addon for an out of date map and therefor no longer really optimised for the current map,

it might be a bit better than nothing, but really needs to be updated to suit the respective changes of the map its now got
Sort of, after all the software adapts for any hardware fitted after installing, ie, headers, akra, k&n or the usual tat !

It does continue to modify within its own parameters, even taking into account any manufacturer updates or patches.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom