Knee bend

theres an adjuster on sale at Nippys that allows you more adjustment on the seat heights..try the std seat in normal position on the 1250 see how you get on
What is the part called for ON the NN site ,couldn’t fine one

They are, but the GSA seat has 2cm more padding, so on a GSA the seat is higher relative to pegs and bar than the standard seat on a GS. I used to get back ache riding a GSA because the bars were just a bit lower, relatively-speaking.

I thought the difference between GS and GSA was just in the suspension strut heights. Aren't the frames and therefore seat to peg relationships the same between the two models, given the same seat and same seat low/high position?
Yep, that’s what I thought. And it’s not the seats because I moved my Sargeant seat over from my GSA. To get the same knee angle I need to put the seat on the high setting. The bike has to fit a huge range of different body shapes and lengths so it’s not surprising some are more cramp d than others. It’s the difference between GS and GSA that I’m surprised at. Initially thought it was in my mind but clearly not.

Maybe not the cheapest out there, but the quality of the finish and the comfort is a massive bonus, 3 different settings, I am 6ft 2 have them on low, nice and comfy, and have seat low at rear and high at front to save my goolies being squashed, wunderlich up and back gave the icing on the cake.

https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/r1200gsgsa-lc-adjustable-footrests-gold/

Agreed. I have these on my lowered GSA. Expensive but quality kit. Gives you 3 peg positions, but on my lowered suspension bike, the lowest footpeg setting fouls the side stand, so cant use them on that setting. The ‘mid’ footpeg setting suits me fine tho.

Another option for you to consider should you so wish...

Agreed. I have these on my lowered GSA. Expensive but quality kit. Gives you 3 peg positions, but on my lowered suspension bike, the lowest footpeg setting fouls the side stand, so cant use them on that setting. The ‘mid’ footpeg setting suits me fine tho.

I also like this idea from Wunderlich, you can choose from 2.3 cm right down to 5 cms lower, and even back if you have big feet, quite a good trick.

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/b...rlich-vario-adapter-evo1-pair-m25912-000.html

No it bloody doesn’t FFS:blast
Seat to footrest is a fixed dimension. ESA setting affects seat to ground height by spring preload.
If you bothered to read the following couple of posts you'd have seen I admited the mistake. Why do some people , like you, have to be so rude and offensive on this fast becoming useless forum.

They are, but the GSA seat has 2cm more padding, so on a GSA the seat is higher relative to pegs and bar than the standard seat on a GS. I used to get back ache riding a GSA because the bars were just a bit lower, relatively-speaking.

The BMW 'comfort seat' option (2017 GS) is slightly higher and way more comfortable than standard (and notably more comfortable than standard GSA 1250 seat). I find Wunderlich bar risers/backs also helps, plus setting seat height to high at front, low at back.

Be aware that these pegs (that look like verhoelen) splay your feet out from the frame by about 1” due to the block that fits where the original foot peg body would fit, plus the lowering arm. I had a similar set in my F800GT and I could only just reach the gear shift. Not to mention they didn’t even fit on the brake side and had to be returned. SW Motech Ion kit is good but not as much lowering offered

I like the look of that---what about accessing brake---gear levers.

Sorry not tried them, just like the idea, I am happy with my BMW lowering footrests, because being a 105 kg, I jump on the footrest to get the leg over, so like the solid feeling, and they work perfect for me.

FWIW I have left knee problems and even on something as roomy as my (2018) 1200GSA, I would feel pain after only an hour or two of riding. I'm 6' 1" with a 33" inside leg and I have always felt that the standard seat pushed me too far forward such that the tank caused my legs to splay out which meant that with my feet on the pegs, my knees would be slightly rotated and under tension. I tried the standard seat in high and low settings and high at the front/low at the back and vice versa. I've tried a Sargent seat which was lovely for my backside but didnt do anything for my knees. I even fitted adjustable foot pegs and put them in the lower position but to no avail

It dawned on me recently that what I needed to do was sit further back in the saddle such that my legs werent so splayed out by the tank and my knees were at less of an angle but what was stopping me doing that was the hump of the pillion seat. So looking around for a flatter seat, I came across a Touratech Comfort seat https://shop.touratech.co.uk/comfort-seat-one-piece-fresh-touch-for-bmw-r1250gs-r1250gs-adventure-r1200gs-lc-r1200gs-adventure-lc-standard.html and bought one. To cut a long story short, it seems to have alleviated my left knee pain. There is a bit of a hump between the rider and pillion sections of the seat but it seems to be further back than the standard GSA seat so it does allow me to sit further back on the seat. On the downside it is expensive, its quite hard (the jury is out so far on whether its all day bum comfortable) and it is a bit of a pig to fit but my knee pain is much reduced so I'm going to persevere with it

Might be worth considering for tall guys with knee or hip pain

FWIW I have left knee problems and even on something as roomy as my (2018) 1200GSA, I would feel pain after only an hour or two of riding. I'm 6' 1" with a 33" inside leg and I have always felt that the standard seat pushed me too far forward such that the tank caused my legs to splay out which meant that with my feet on the pegs, my knees would be slightly rotated and under tension. I tried the standard seat in high and low settings and high at the front/low at the back and vice versa. I've tried a Sargent seat which was lovely for my backside but didnt do anything for my knees. I even fitted adjustable foot pegs and put them in the lower position but to no avail

It dawned on me recently that what I needed to do was sit further back in the saddle such that my legs werent so splayed out by the tank and my knees were at less of an angle but what was stopping me doing that was the hump of the pillion seat. So looking around for a flatter seat, I came across a Touratech Comfort seat https://shop.touratech.co.uk/comfort-seat-one-piece-fresh-touch-for-bmw-r1250gs-r1250gs-adventure-r1200gs-lc-r1200gs-adventure-lc-standard.html and bought one. To cut a long story short, it seems to have alleviated my left knee pain. There is a bit of a hump between the rider and pillion sections of the seat but it seems to be further back than the standard GSA seat so it does allow me to sit further back on the seat. On the downside it is expensive, its quite hard (the jury is out so far on whether its all day bum comfortable) and it is a bit of a pig to fit but my knee pain is much reduced so I'm going to persevere with it

Might be worth considering for tall guys with knee or hip pain

Might be stating the obvious, but the pillion seat can also be moved forward or back, at least on my 2017 GS exclusive, I have my front seat high front low back, and have the pillion on forward position, gives me a nice backrest. 6ft 2 knackered knees, but comfy for a few hundred KMs then the body says, do you need anymore......:beerjug:

I’ve had the same pair on two GSAs and they still look immaculate. If only they made the whole bike with such quality materials.

I never noticed any changes in ergo on a bunch of different GSAs and then on my first LC I got horrible knee ache. The middle setting on the adjustable pegs sorted it straight away

Might be stating the obvious, but the pillion seat can also be moved forward or back, at least on my 2017 GS exclusive,
Yes tried that and didnt feel much of a difference

It seems that the modern GS is maybe not as comfortable as bods like to think; or perhaps they just expected too much from the adverts and its premium price tag?

Maybe not the cheapest out there, but the quality of the finish and the comfort is a massive bonus, 3 different settings, I am 6ft 2 have them on low, nice and comfy, and have seat low at rear and high at front to save my goolies being squashed, wunderlich up and back gave the icing on the cake.

https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/r1200gsgsa-lc-adjustable-footrests-gold/

I have recently splashed out on a set of these to add a bit of extra room since a knee op. Quality bit of kit!:beerjug: the OEM manufacturer who make them for BMW is Gilles https://www.gillestooling.com/

Back
Top Bottom