Tyre noise

wpm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a new 1200gs with Anake 3 tyres on and they are so noisy. The road nois dream do out the sound of the engine. It is definitely road noise as it changes on direr eat surfaces,

Is anyone else experiencing this?

What tyres are you running and how quiet are they?

All the larger tread block knobbly tyres are going to be more noisy than sports touring style alternatives.

However, excessive noise is often down to cupping, where the tread blocks have worn unevenly & 'sing' a bit, particularly when the cornering.

The tyres are new only 300 miles on it I need to ware these out sooner rather than later and get them off.

Anakee 3 are known to be noisy.

I started on the Anakee 3 then chopped in for Bridgestone Battlax A41. Had 2 sets of those and now on Conti Road Attack 3. The RA3's are working well for me so far - done about 500 miles on em. They would be my recommend.

Mr_C

Hi craig, where you Anake 3s noisy to which of the others are the quietest?

Hi
Personally I find the Anakee's unbearably noisy and refused to have them on my new GSA. The dealers changed at no cost before delivery.
On my test ride of 1250 I knew that I was on Anakee's within a couple of minutes and couldn't wait to get off it.
I had them on my previous GS from new and went back after a couple of hundred miles and said I wanted them changed. It wasn't an issue.

However others on here swear by them so it would be reasonable to suppose that some riders have ears that pick it up and others not so.

If it bothers you I would go back to the dealers and ask to change. This is a well known issue and while they'll pretend that it's the first time someone has mentioned it - it isn't.
Either way I would dump them asap - it's not worth the annoyance for the next few thousand miles! Move on to something else and enjoy your new bike.

Cheers
:beerjug:

Hi craig, where you Anake 3s noisy to which of the others are the quietest?
Yes - they howled a fair bit. Having said that, it was the first set of tyres on the GS Rallye TE when I bought it new from the BMW dealership. I'm still only 18 months into riding so my experience is limited however if the A3's are making enough noise that you are unhappy then get rid and try something else. Don't twat about trying tp wear the A3's out - it will take you most of the summer unless you are touring.

Hi
Personally I find the Anakee's unbearably noisy and refused to have them on my new GSA. The dealers changed at no cost before delivery.
On my test ride of 1250 I knew that I was on Anakee's within a couple of minutes and couldn't wait to get off it.
I had them on my previous GS from new and went back after a couple of hundred miles and said I wanted them changed. It wasn't an issue.

However others on here swear by them so it would be reasonable to suppose that some riders have ears that pick it up and others not so.

If it bothers you I would go back to the dealers and ask to change. This is a well known issue and while they'll pretend that it's the first time someone has mentioned it - it isn't.
Either way I would dump them asap - it's not worth the annoyance for the next few thousand miles! Move on to something else and enjoy your new bike.

Cheers
:beerjug:

What he said.

I will see the dealer on Tuesday not really sure I will enjoy riding to Norway in August with that noise,going on all the way.

I would not pick them, although to be fair grip and mileage were good. I had two sets of Tourance Nexts and now on Roadtec 01s, which I will probably stick with. I need a new rear soonish.

Hi guys I have a new 1200gs with Anake 3 tyres on and they are so noisy. The road nois dream do out the sound of the engine. It is definitely road noise as it changes on direr eat surfaces,

Is anyone else experiencing this?

What tyres are you running and how quiet are they?

Would be worth doing a search in here as some of the topics of your posts have already been discussed quite a few times. To answer your question, the anakees 3 are noisy tyres.

just google Annakee tyres noise ..it will bring you your answers. They are a noisy tyre nothing to worry over,just ride and enjoy the bike

Well, I dropped my bike into coopers Sunderland last Saturday and I should be picking it up today or tomorrow with new Tourances on curtesy of BMW.

Back
Top Bottom