Battery charging question

No, but you carry the emergency tyre plugger kit that has the CO2 in them ?

How often have you woke up to a flat tyre:confused:

Me = never , but for insurance carry in the tool box a tyre plugger kit. No need for anything else , no leads, compressors, hairdryers etc etc

i'd get new friends :D

and whats with carrying an air pump with you ?
Theres one in every garage. in 35 years I've never required an air pump. Just something else unnecessary ?

On the bike never had a puncture yet, had one recently in the car

Rather have and not need than need and not have

Use it at home too for the bikes, don’t have a mains pump or a compressor :nenau

On the bike never had a puncture yet, had one recently in the car

Rather have and not need than need and not have

Use it at home too for the bikes, don’t have a mains pump or a compressor :nenau

I agree, But you have to draw a line..... Do you carry a spare tyre? Spare Clutch, Starter motor, spare Fuel pump ?
Tyre plugger is enough for me. With three CO2 bottles included.

Adding a further question, what item have others bought to enable USB charging off the accessory socket on the dash. I have done a quick search on eBay and plenty on there but looks like they come from China. Always worry about the safety of products from there.
What have others bought.

Thanks

Did you get the air compressor out you've been carrying and pump it up ?

Also, I had a brand new tyre that I had plugged, last 10k miles !

Nope. I woke up to the flat tyre...at home...Result! Well, small miracles - could have been worse :D

Adding a further question, what item have others bought to enable USB charging off the accessory socket on the dash. I have done a quick search on eBay and plenty on there but looks like they come from China. Always worry about the safety of products from there.
What have others bought.

Thanks

I've got the Optimate twin USB 5V auto-charger/power supply for the mini din socket. Use it to charge the phone and power the satnav (non BMW scumbag version)...never had a problem with it. It lives in the little compartment on the tank when not in use.

I've got the Optimate twin USB 5V auto-charger/power supply for the mini din socket. Use it to charge the phone and power the satnav (non BMW scumbag version)...never had a problem with it. It lives in the little compartment on the tank when not in use.

Thanks for letting me know, good place to store it as well.

Is it this one you use?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401205525391?ul_noapp=true

and whats with carrying an air pump with you ?
Theres one in every garage. in 35 years I've never required an air pump. Just something else unnecessary ?

Last year I had 5 punctures - go figure why I might want to carry an air pump

Last year I had 5 punctures - go figure why I might want to carry an air pump

Onahi only travels between petrol stations and supermarkets So has never needed one. Fair play he’s gotten away with it. As for the three co2 canisters never managed a full inflation with em (who er missis).

Onahi only travels between petrol stations and supermarkets So has never needed one. Fair play he’s gotten away with it. As for the three co2 canisters never managed a full inflation with em (who er missis).

And Costa!

Back
Top Bottom