Thread: Sena 30K Mesh

Attack/Suppress/Reserve Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Sena 30K Mesh

I've just upgraded from the Sena 20S Evo to the Sena 30K. I updated my TFT software and the 20s developed a clicking interference noise. But thats another story....
    Anyway. The 20s worked great, and particularly the bike to bike comms. The new 30K has mesh. But in the real world, what is it ? And how is it better ? Anyone use it ? I understand the up to 16 riders can connect and that it reconnects etc, but so did the 20s, although only up to 8 riders .......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A PROUD BRITON
    The beatings will continue, until morale improves
    The only test of leadership is that somebody follows.

Current BMW R1200 GSA Rallye
    11th BMW R1200 GSA LC TE Triple Black
    10th BMW R1200GSA LC TE
    9th Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
    8th BMW R1150GSA SE
    7th BMW R1150GS
    6th. Honda Transalp
    5th. Armstrong MT500
    4th. Suzuki GSX600
    3rd. Can Am Bombadier
    2nd. Yamaha RD350LC
    1st. Suzuki TS125X

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Clicking, interference you say?? Disconnected all my BT pairings off the TFT a while ago, I find it easier to just use the jog wheel. Anyway, decided to re pair today with my Sena SRL and got a lot of annoying clicking/interference whilst trying to listen to music. Has there been an issue I’ve missed? Gone back to the old fashioned way for now but would like to get it sorted if there’s a problem.

My mate bought a new 1250. And I got the latest 19 TFT software. He told me about a clicking noise. And after the update I had the same. The only other thing we had in common was the 20s evo. So I bought the 30k and it has sorted the issue. The clicking noise I can describe as the sort of noise your old car radio made from interference from the engine electrics.

Yep that’s it. SRL is basically a 20s. F***ing annoying.

Furious. But just swallowed it. I was the Guinea pig for my mate. If it didn't solve the problem ......

Quote Originally Posted by Onahi View Post
    Furious. But just swallowed it. I was the Guinea pig for my mate. If it didn't solve the problem ......
    Sounds like a Bluetooth bug, suppose Bosch and Sena need to get their finger out.

Ive just picked up a 30k too

Like wise ive heard mesh is menat to be the bees knees

basically its a conection to a conection to a connection to a connection etc etc

Each connection is a mesh unit, and you supposedly can have up to a hundred odd in a group,

But you only connect to one at one time as the next person connects to the next and so on if that makes sense

But if you are only connecting two or three would you use mesh or the BT ?

But if you are only connecting two or three would you use mesh or the BT ?
    ?? I'd go with mesh

Ryan did a review

I ony went for it beacuse i wanted BT4.0 and longer battery life and it was less likely to fall off with my stumpty mitts lol

Destined to come last Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Ryan’s review
    Brian

GSA Triple Black
    VW 'Triple Black' Campervan
    Zagato Guzzi 950 cafe
    Guzzi Le Mans 2, black and gold Coburn and Hughes
    Ducati 996R

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by spm0912 View Post
    Clicking, interference you say?? Disconnected all my BT pairings off the TFT a while ago, I find it easier to just use the jog wheel. Anyway, decided to re pair today with my Sena SRL and got a lot of annoying clicking/interference whilst trying to listen to music. Has there been an issue I’ve missed? Gone back to the old fashioned way for now but would like to get it sorted if there’s a problem.
    I was thinking of going the SRL route (because of clicking) with a new helmet but now having second thoughts after your post.

I have just had the same issue but I pushed the bike out of the garage and it went away. It's obviously something in the garage causing the interference.

Apparently from mother ship its interference from the canbus. BMW are aware of it.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Apparently from mother ship its interference from the canbus. BMW are aware of it.
    Interesting,

I understood canbus ran on twisted pair wiring to reduce interference lol