Schuberth C4 Basic

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After 5 years of heavy use my C3 Pro is in need of replacement (the internal sunvisor wires are now kinked and the interior is getting hard up ).

I love the fit of the C3 Pro and the C3 I had before it (for 5 years ) but tried the C4 when it came out last year and it was sh*te, fit and quality were bloody awful.

Now I realise the C4 Pro is a major redesign with a new shell shape going back to traditional round Schuberth sizes but I do not want or need Schuberth's own coms systems so it is a waste of money buying a C4 Pro and so i fancy opting for the new model C4 Basic (ie the the Pro without the comms preparation) .

Struggling to find anywhere with them in stock in the UK but really want to know if anyone owns a new C4 Pro/Basic and what the sizings are like.

In the old C3/ C3 Pro size 60/61 was a perfect fit . however, the new C4 Pro sizing seem to be either a 59 or the next size is a 61.

Wouldn't have been a problem if Peter at Just Helmets was still trading but another stockist I spoke to is a P.I.A , tried to sell me the old C4 model saying it is the same as the new C4 Basic .

Do not like buying helmets online due to worries of them being the wrong size or ending up damaged in transit

Answered my own question today, had a run down to Infinity in York as they have all the sizes on the shelf of the C3 Pro, C4 Pro and also C4 Basic as well as the original C4's.

Well if Schuberth have altered the C4 shell to make it more rounded it is lost on me as both the C4 Pro and the non comms equipped C4 Basic are just as fecking uncomfortable as the original C4 from 2017.

I wear a 60/61 in C3 Pro , a size 61 C4 Pro was a struggle to get on and once on embraces your head in a vice like grip, similarly the next size up although too large was still bloody uncomfortable .

Bought a new C3 Pro instead to replace my old one which is almost 5 years old and has done tens of thousands of miles.

Staff from Infinity say that Schuberth intends to keep the C3 Pro in production to run alongside the revamped C4 range (which they say is intended to fit people with Arai shaped heads)

Back
Top Bottom