Keilder Forest Drive

Doogle

Reaction score
Going up to Scotland in June and wanted to take in the Keilder Forest Toll on the way back down. Can anyone tell me if it’s one way? Can you only ride it west to east?
Thanks
Dave

My top tip

From Hawick get onto the A6088 which is a super bit of road to Bonchester bridge then take the B6357
It starts out as bit of a shit road but opens up into a brilliant bit of road then turn left at Saughtree into Kielder and just follow the road

You wont be disapointed

You can ride it in ether direction from Kielder village to the A68 south of Byrness or vice versa

We met a guy at the Toll Booth last year in a 911 GT3 on Guernsey plates, myself and FS996 of this Parish, we mentioned he may not want to head down that in his Porsche. We set off, had a great ride over (even got a picture accepted on the UKGSer home page from the ride :) ) and then on the return, we met matey boy, his lady, and a GT3 beached on what looked like some expensive Carbon Fibre and a big old mound of gravel.

It's great fun, even though some of the forestry work has detracted a bit from the scenery.

Thanks, so in theory I could ride up the toll then turn round and come back, as the road that runs below Kielder water looks worth a ride too and takes me to Kirkwhelpington where I’m staying.

Yes, that's also a decent bit off road, takes you down the side of Kielder. You'll then go into Bellingham and up to the A68 as you head towards Kirkwhelpington.

Thanks the info. Definitely have a ride if the toll and put the recommended roads in the route. Cheers
Dave

Back
Top Bottom