Sunny (Hopefully) Camping Weekend in June.

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just booked into a local campsite to me for a trial camping weekend, testing facilities and pubs etc and am opening an invitation to you in case you'd like to come along for a bit of a social. The plan is to recce the site and area on the basis of organising a regular National Event. I have no plans for rideouts, but will lead a walk. If there's a local volunteer for a rideout, please make yourself known? This will be a simple get-together and, if it goes down well, i'll look to run it on a regular basis.

The site is a flat, level grassy field with separate gents and ladies wash rooms. There are two pubs within spitting distance of the site and Seaton town, with a great chippie, cafes, B&B's, Tesco etc is only a short distance away.

I have booked Sandy and myself in fro Friday 21st June for two nights, which may become three. If you'd like to come along, please call Janetta on 07783493449 or Ted on 07710252930 or the Office on 0129724707. When booking please say you're with the GS Group or mention this site, UKGSer.

Camping is £12 for a small tent and £20 for a camper/motorhome. There will be a small number of hook-ups available for a few quid extra.

If you're coming in a wobbly box or towing an even wobblier box, there's a turning restriction getting into the site. Please drive through Seaton and head North, up the river, to Axmouth, where you'll have room to swing out and make the turn. If you forget, drive into Seaton and turn at the roundabout near Tesco and head back out.

https://www.shipinnaxmouth.com

http://www.theharbour-axmouth.co.uk

chase bank or atm near me

Off for a recce walk shortly with Willow. The forecast is looking dry and warm for the weekend, so if you're coming, look out for the tipi when you arrive. I will be on site around Friday lunchtime to pitch up, but have to disappear for a bit, so won't be on site till later in the evening. There's a choice of two walks on the day of 8-10 miles, depending on weather and what people would like. There's the slightly longer loop walk from Colyton, with a round trip on the tram, or the one way to Colyton on the tram and walk back via Beer. Both walks are planned at 10 miles, but the Beer walk can be shortened, by 1.5 miles, near the end of the walk if required. It's planned as an all day walk, so there will be plenty of time to cover the distance, but shorter walks are available in the area. If you look at Bing Maps, there's an option to view in OS, so you can print off a map and I can mark up a suitable walk for you.
If you're planning on dining in one of the pubs, The Ship would be my first choice to book.
Please be aware, f it's likely you'll be arriving after 2300, the gate to the site will be locked.
Going by the responses i've had on FB, it's looking like a small group heading out for a walk, but if anyone wants to come and ride, I can point you in the direction of some good roads. Local riders are also more than welcome to drop by for a pint and to say hello if you fancy.
This weekend is purely to try out the site and, if it proves suitable, I'll be looking to get the show up and running in good time for a proper get together for next year.

what time would you be setting off for the walk Saturday?

Depending on which way round I decide to lead the walk, 0930 earliest and 1030 latest. The beach cafe is an hour stroll for brunch, leaving the main part of the walk to follow, so a later start is possible. Otherwise, we could do with getting the first tram at 1000 or the next at 1020, which gets us to the cafe for a spot of lunch between 1330 and 1400.

That was a superb weekend and I will be definitely running it again next year, so keep an eye on the events section. The campsite is one of the best i've stayed at, the pubs are great and the location is just lovely. We only had a few peeps turn up, but we had a lovely social all the same and, to top ot off, the weather was perfect!

I would appreciate some help form local GSers to organise some ride outs for next year, as i'm hoping we can make this a bit of a National Event.

I've posted a couple of pics below.

Back
Top Bottom