Any tall r9t owners?

theop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone amongst you 6’4 or taller? How do you get on with the bike?

I really like the look of them, but having tried to sit on one early on, I found it like a toy, and whilst it did not feel uncomfortable, I am sure it would have been a bit of a sight.. I would really love to own one for posterity, probably the only recent bmw bike worth lusting over...

I wish they would make an XL frame, 15-20% larger across the board....

I'm 6 foot 5 or so and had a scrambler for a year or so . It was too small for me and felt cramped at the knees . I fitted bar risers which helped a bit but it made my back ache
loved the look of it and the way it went . In the end I traded it back for a 1200GSA . try before you buy , I have long legs short body . Long test ride needed I think

I like them, particularly the Urban

Positives for me are looks, relative lightness

Customisable

Negatives are lack of mudguards fore & aft

Suspension needs tweaking quite radically

Maybe too small at 6'2

Pity because it could have been so much better if it was a modern take on the original G/S

I have ridden one about 100 miles

I'm only 6' 3" but get on with my Scrambler just fine with tall seat fitted (makes it the same ht as the Turban) - have also fitted bar risers and SW Motech footpegs which allow you to drop them about 25mm.

Also fitted a Ht adjustable Wilbers rear shock which improves the ride quality and a dart screen which allows fairly comfortable 85MPH cruising speed.

Then again it is a second bike - I have my 1290 KTM for serious touring :D

Some people get on with them and some do not - so as others have said get yourself a long test ride before buying ;)

Which version were you thinking of - lots out there to choose from :thumby:

My mate is 6'3" and has the scrambler. He likes it so much he hasn't ridden his other 8 bikes since he's had it.

I’ve had the seat reupholstered and raised by two inches, Wilber rear shock + 15 mm. Lowered the peg by 15 mm and fitted higher bars on an Urban. I’m 6’2.

I’m 6’8”..... I had a Scrambler X for a year.... high seat plus wunderlich foot peg lowering kit..... I was comfortable enough...

I was just about to replace the shock ( mandatory) when I accidentally traded it in for a GS Rallye......

Back
Top Bottom