Extended Trip To Sids?

Madmountainman

Reaction score
I have some time off booked around Sid's event and am considering an extended trip, taking in The Pyrenees en-route to make the most of the associated costs involved of just getting to Sids for a weekend get together. Currently there are a couple of sailings available which I am able to consider.

1. Overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao on Sunday 14th July at 2230, returning via a Northern France Port like Cherbourg to Poole on Tuesday/Wednesday 23/24th. Cost £330 return with your bike.

2. Overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Santander on Tuesday 16th July at 1715, returning via a Northern France Port like Cherbourg to Poole onTuesday/Wednesday 23/24th. Cost £310 return with your bike.

Having done this trip before, I recommend an upgrade to an outboard cabin to share which will cost £150 (£75 each).

I would then be looking at stopping at campsites and/or Logis Hotels. With two people travelling together, costs would be shared, making this a reasonably affordable trip, more worthwhile as you'd have more time to enjoy a bit more of France.

I would suggest someone who likes to put between 100 and 250 miles a day in, likes to get up and be on the road by 0930, enjoys riding French D Roads and a quiet sleeper would be a good match.

There are still a few spaces available on these sailings, but don't wait too long to get in touch if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom