Cali' 3 Charging light

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The charging light has decided to flicker when engine is idling! appears to be more constant when the lights are off.

I should add that last week I removed a fork leg, and unbolted the headlight, which hang unsupported for a few minutes. Just mentioning this in case a wire may have come loose. I'm unsure if there is anything in the headlight that connects to the charging system.

It may be the case that the idle rpm has dropped slightly, hard to tell, as when idling, the engine doesn't reach the point on the rev counter where it moves, it never has since I've had the bike. at just under 1,000 rpm the light goes out.

When riding home from work last night in the dark, lights were just as bright as normal.

Battery is less than two years old.

Bike has done 34,000 miles.

The next morning I checked the battery voltage, it's 12.7.

Thoughts anyone?

Tickover should be around 1100 IIRC.

I have mine set just off stall which is too low but I like the sound of it 'just' hanging on in there & chuffing away :D Anyway, when it's chuffing away my charge light flickers, as soon as the revs hit 1000ish out it goes.

If your charge light goes out and stays out as soon as your rev counter moves and your battery isn't flat after running with your lights on I don't see a problem.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom