The Top 10 Alpine lake views

Wapping

Reaction score
According to Alpentourer magazine.

Bods like to chill, looking at lakes, breathing in the fresh mountain air whilst enjoying a roll-up. That there may well be other bikers there to nod at (or even talk to) will be an added bonus.

d6a06cdbbd3d6aad76a17e3f16e02d93.jpg

Lake = Tourists

Tourists = Congestion

Congestion = Hot, bothered and generally not having much fun....

Although Cormet de Roseland is normally a really good ride without much other traffic around so will be riding along there for the 4th or 5th time later this year.

I think the Germans have deliberately chosen more ‘Adventurist’ lakes. Several are reservoirs, with big dams.

The least impressive lake / source I have seen? San Peligrino

Lake = Tourists

Tourists = Congestion

Although Cormet de Roseland is normally a really good ride without much other traffic around so will be riding along there for the 4th or 5th time later this year.

You're a little ray of sunshine aren't you? :D

I understand what you mean about attracting tourists, but there's generally a reason WHY they attract tourists. Being on a bike doesn't make you immune to a pretty view and if there's one things bikes do well it's deal with congestion. And if there's a cafe, tea hut or ice cream stall, it adds to the attraction.

I think the Germans have deliberately chosen more ‘Adventurist’ lakes.

The least impressive lake / source I have seen? San Peligrino

You've clearly never seen Lydd gravel pits. I hope you manage to keep it that way.

As a child I remember being take to the source of the Thames, close-ish to where we lived. I had seen pictures of the Thames in London, of course, and to my youthful mind this meant there would be a huge and impressive volume of water bursting from the ground and gushing towards the nation's capital. I could not have been more disappointed to find it was a slightly damp field.

By contrast, the Source de la Loue, near Ornans in Eastern france, is indeed a fully size river bursting out of a cave. Worth seeing.

All rivers should come pouring from the urn of a bare breasted virgin, as depicted in statues from antiquity.

Lake = Tourists

Tourists = Congestion

Agreed . Everybody seems to stop at the cafes at either end but the chalet in the middle is fab. Does an amazing omelette savoyarde !!

This is the one to stop at

62f59fb3a7400b95ae617ab1e49f68ed.jpg

Agreed . Everybody seems to stop at the cafes at either end but the chalet in the middle is fab. Does an amazing omelette savoyarde !!

This is the one to stop at

62f59fb3a7400b95ae617ab1e49f68ed.jpg

I’m a British biker , if they don’t serve an all day breakfast with extra black pudding with a view of a large gravel car park full of truckers and other bikers then I’m not stopping there .

Is there a similar map for bridges ?

Back
Top Bottom