SAT NAV - It has to be easier than this!!!!

DazGS

Reaction score
So after purchasing the 1200 GSA i thought buy the SAT NAV 6 as well, the plan is to do some touring to start with in the UK. I also bought the Bikers Britain book by Simon Weir.
The SAT NAV instructions i think are next to useless, so after updating the maps for the NAV. It seems the use of Garmin Basecamp is the program to use, i have looked at the video tutorials from Routes, Waypoints, router planner, round trip..... I am thinking it must be easier than this!!!!!!!

What do others use and any advice on what you have found easier.

Thanks

Basecamp. It is worth the effort.

There are some tutourils in the GPS section that helped me

Basecamp. It is worth the effort.

There are some tutourils in the GPS section that helped me

I have run through the tutorials for basecamp, honestly i started to think surely no one uses this and all they do is just put point in the NAV and go from there. I will take a further look.

Thanks will take a look, i honestly thought surely no one goes through this slow slow process. Will take another look tomorrow or the laptop and SAT Nav will be taking a trip across the room.....lol

You will be fine, that Kurviger is brill, make a route quickly, and import, once you have done it once or twice, it becomes so easy......:D

You will be fine, that Kurviger is brill, make a route quickly, and import, once you have done it once or twice, it becomes so easy......:D

Thanks again will take a look tomorrow, so it should be easier......

Put the fucking gadget in the bin and go out and ride your bike.

Read and enjoy the book.

Formulate some ideas.

Consult a map.

Ride the bike.

While out riding, you'll observe road signs bearing the names of destinations and numbers of roads corresponding to the aforementioned book and map.

It seems the use of Garmin Basecamp is the program to use, i have looked at the video tutorials from Routes

Garmin' software is appalling most of the times.
I used to hate Basecamp too, but after learning its quirks here and there... it works and it is very useful.

Planning a route (route tool, the one with the line) is incredibly easy. Same thing to export it to the unit.

I know it seems complex at first, but it is worth to spend some (little) time with it. You need to know the difference betweenen waypoints, viapoints, etc (https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/430575-Basecamp-Waypoints-Via-points-etc) as it makes it easier.

Could it be a better experience, easier/clearer process? Sure yes.
But, again, worth the effort when you can plan properly your routes.

Ha Daz ... just like me .. pretty useless at this sort of stuff but the chaps here are very helpful !!! ... I am looking at an App called "My Route" ..it appears to be pretty good so I shall persevere and try it out. Good luck.

Hi Daz,
Basecamp and Nav 6 will do everything you need, but it’s nuances and lack of intuitiveness really does wear you down until you start to understand how those things work - that’s where Support on here is great help.

There are plenty of videos, but this guy has produced 5 in a very direct, belts and braces approach.

Good luck
Glenn

Put the fucking gadget in the bin and go out and ride your bike.

Read and enjoy the book.

Formulate some ideas.

Consult a map.

Ride the bike.

While out riding, you'll observe road signs bearing the names of destinations and numbers of roads corresponding to the aforementioned book and map.

I'm with Tarka on this although I haven't put the gadget in the bin as it's very useful for A to B getting to places trips, especially in the car.
Apologies, fucking gadget in the bin.

But life is too short to waste time ploughing through basecamp tutorials.

Other views are of course allowed.

I use basecamp. There is loads about navigation on this forum if you look in the right sections.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basecamp

If you look up videos on YouTube by 1983lparker, he has some excellent videos on how to use Basecamp. All in simple to understand format.
Allan

Back
Top Bottom