Insurance cock up

You can't take an uninsured vehicle anywhere (unless it's on a trailer and doesn't touch a public road)
Yes, you can. I am insured as the driver. As long as it is prebooked for an mot it neither requires ved or a current mot.

Ask IAM Surity if you're insured to ride/drive other vehicles ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes, you can. I am insured as the driver. As long as it is prebooked for an mot it neither requires ved or a current mot.

You've gone off at a tangent and are wrong.

If someone is insured for driving/riding other people's vehicles, those other vehicles must still be insured by their owner.

You are correct about not needing VED to ride/drive in order to get an MOT though.....

Bugger all to do with not being on the MID database, mind. :augie

So it IS insured!

I am not with Surety, so can't comment on their policy. However, my Admiral car policy states that I can drive other cars on a 3rd party basis, but only if "there is a valid insurance policy in force for that car"

Maybe Surety goes further, but I would check if I were you ;)

Tarka beat me to it... but only just :D

So it IS insured!

I am not with Surety, so can't comment on their policy. However, my Admiral car policy states that I can drive other cars on a 3rd party basis, but only if "there is a valid insurance policy in force for that car"

Maybe Surety goes further, but I would check if I were you ;)
I did, and got confirmed, that I was covered. I took copy policy, showing I am insured, whilst vehicle does not show up on MID.

Also, thanks to this thread I checked to see if the Rocket 3 was insured on the database............no it f*cking wasn't. Call to Bennetts. On hold for 15 mins. Eventually some one picked up and said "We are very busy, can I get someone to phone you back in the next 24 hours?"
Me; "No, you can tell me why I am not showing up on the MID as insured with you!"
Bennetts: silence for 5-10 secs....."You have recently changed the reg. no. on your vehicle, that's why.
Me; "That was 7 weeks ago FGS!, have you not informed MID?"
Bennetts; " Yes, we informed them at the time, but they have not updated, I will contact them and get them to do it straight away. They do this sometimes."
Me; "Meanwhile, I have been showing up as uninsured for the last 7 bloody weeks, what would have happened had the police pulled me up for whatever reason??"
Bennetts: I will contact them straight away sir" :blast:blast:blast

Just checked, still not showing as insured after previous call on Saturday morning :mad::blast

Also, thanks to this thread I checked to see if the Rocket 3 was insured on the database............no it f*cking wasn't. Call to Bennetts. On hold for 15 mins. Eventually some one picked up and said "We are very busy, can I get someone to phone you back in the next 24 hours?"
Me; "No, you can tell me why I am not showing up on the MID as insured with you!"
Bennetts: silence for 5-10 secs....."You have recently changed the reg. no. on your vehicle, that's why.
Me; "That was 7 weeks ago FGS!, have you not informed MID?"
Bennetts; " Yes, we informed them at the time, but they have not updated, I will contact them and get them to do it straight away. They do this sometimes."
Me; "Meanwhile, I have been showing up as uninsured for the last 7 bloody weeks, what would have happened had the police pulled me up for whatever reason??"
Bennetts: I will contact them straight away sir" :blast:blast:blast

6 points and a £200 fine is what would have happened to you

I raised this post not to moan and grown = well not much. I hope it may help some others on here to sort things out before yer set off on a jolly.
I always carry my driving licence whether in car or on the bike. One of the useful things that has happened is = I found out that I wasn't maybe covered. Before a incident = that could have been catastrophic. Also
1 Get yer freephone help numbers converted into other STD local number - help here = https://www.saynoto0870.com/ and save um all to yer phone.
2 Yer cant argue with police if yer can speak their language properly
3 Pollo is chicken and Polla is dick
4 Save yer full policy to emailable doc on Gmail or similar gettable whilst mobile.
5 maybe a screenshot of payment receipt for policy (police asked me for that as well)
Again thank you for your help tips and confidence given
Some right good lads on here:bow:bow:thumb2

Mick:thumby:

Can I just add, check that your driving licence hasn't expired.

You don't get a reminder and they expire every 10 years, even if you moved house in the interim. :thumby:

You don't get a reminder and they expire every 10 years, even if you moved house in the interim. :thumby:
Unless you still have a paper licence, upon attaining a full licence, I paid £5 for life and I'm going to hold them to it.

Yes David thanks = I aint as stupid as I look - and me euro heath card - they wont give me a bus pass till I am 66
I am excepted in Spanish pensionistas though
Cheeky git:D:D

It was more of a general reminder, not especially aimed at you.

I have to agree, you're not as stupid as you look. That would be difficult. :hide

I’m impressed that the Spanish police can access the UK database. Imagine PC Plod from Paignton linked to the Madrid one.

Renewed an insurance in March and requested docs be sent out by post , after 2 weeks nothing was received so sent an E Mail to the Brokers customer service team to request they be sent (MID showed vehicls insured)
After a further 2 weeks still nothing so rang the Broker............. 30 minutes of Green sleeves later and spoke to an advisor and explained the situation.
She was extremely unconcerned and said the documents are not really essential nowadays,I
pointed out that their own letters state that on receiving any documentaion you must check that details are correct and that they will not be responsible for any issues not found and how can I fulfill this requirement if I have no access to the certificates or schedule.

Got the docs 10 minutes later by e mail and a copy by post 2 days later

I’m impressed that the Spanish police can access the UK database. Imagine PC Plod from Paignton linked to the Madrid one.

I am pretty sure anyone can access the site in any country. I probably should have quizzed the chappy (Policeman) more and got a photo of him to get me into even more shite.
Thanks for your post:thumb2:D

Update on the post today I got this

Dear Mr MickDB1

I write further to our acknowledgement letter of 29 April 2019.

Firstly, I am sorry for the issues that you have faced and advise you that I have conducted the investigation on behalf of XXXXXXXXXXXX. I understand that the nature of your complaint is in relation to your private car not appearing on the Motor Insurers Database, which was as a result of it being cancelled in error.

On the 29 January 2019 you contacted us as you were aware that there was an additional Person Accident policy being renewed at the same time as your
XXXXXXXX policy. You had informed our agent that you no-longer required that policy and requested that it be cancelled. Unfortunately, our agent cancelled your Private Car policy section of the XXXXXXXX policy instead of the Personal Accident cover.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the error that was made, and I note that we have been able to reinstate the policy, back-dated to the 9 February 2019. I would like to assure you that had anything happened during the period between the policy being cancelled and reinstated we would have honoured cover. I have arranged for the appropriate feedback to be given to the individual involved, to ensure that any training requirements are provided.

Based on the above I am upholding your complaint and as compensation for the obvious distress and inconvenience this situation has caused, I would like to offer you £100. I have arranged for our Finance Department to issue you a cheque within the next 14 business days. I understand that you may have been stopped by the Police whilst abroad, if this is the case and you have incurred a fine as a result, we would like to offer to cover that cost, on receipt of a paid invoice. This can be sent to me by post or email to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have blanked folks names and the insurance company

What do yer recon - accept or the ombudsman -
Thanks

Breach of gdpr, ensuring accurate records are kept, a court would award far more, around £750.

However you suffered additional stress and damages.

They'd also get fined too.

Ask for more.

Also do subject access request, specifically requesting logs/screen shots/emails/conversations.

Underwriting dept and finance must have been told, that you were no longer covered and any refund calculated.

There must also be communication with MID.

Once you have paperwork, then talk.

Update on the post today I got this

Dear Mr MickDB1

I write further to our acknowledgement letter of 29 April 2019.

Firstly, I am sorry for the issues that you have faced and advise you that I have conducted the investigation on behalf of XXXXXXXXXXXX. I understand that the nature of your complaint is in relation to your private car not appearing on the Motor Insurers Database, which was as a result of it being cancelled in error.

On the 29 January 2019 you contacted us as you were aware that there was an additional Person Accident policy being renewed at the same time as your
XXXXXXXX policy. You had informed our agent that you no-longer required that policy and requested that it be cancelled. Unfortunately, our agent cancelled your Private Car policy section of the XXXXXXXX policy instead of the Personal Accident cover.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the error that was made, and I note that we have been able to reinstate the policy, back-dated to the 9 February 2019. I would like to assure you that had anything happened during the period between the policy being cancelled and reinstated we would have honoured cover. I have arranged for the appropriate feedback to be given to the individual involved, to ensure that any training requirements are provided.

Based on the above I am upholding your complaint and as compensation for the obvious distress and inconvenience this situation has caused, I would like to offer you £100. I have arranged for our Finance Department to issue you a cheque within the next 14 business days. I understand that you may have been stopped by the Police whilst abroad, if this is the case and you have incurred a fine as a result, we would like to offer to cover that cost, on receipt of a paid invoice. This can be sent to me by post or email to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have blanked folks names and the insurance company

What do yer recon - accept or the ombudsman -
Thanks
Well you did better than me, I only got offered £75 for an incorrectly cancelled policy. I spoke to the guy who had actually done the deed and it appears that mistakes can happen....

Back
Top Bottom