Insurance cock up

Well you did better than me, I only got offered £75 for an incorrectly cancelled policy. I spoke to the guy who had actually done the deed and it appears that mistakes can happen....

All I have received in the post up to now is a letter from ASKMID warning me of fines and prosecution etc. It seems its a standard, randomly selected, off the list of folks taxed but not insured list. Shame I had it sent to me a few days after my departure abroard. My policy seems to have been cancelled on/about 9th Feb letter is dated 13th April. Is there a time limit on summons etc. as I do not want to accept anything and leave me open to the results/repercussions of their misstakes.
post off a request for all my data askmid have had on their site from Jan till May.

It has been quite a while to sort it all out as the insurance company gave me 300 quid and a promise to "look after me" next renewal. True to their word the renewal came last week and as per usual it had gone up 14 -15%. Rang the number the compliance chappy gave me and another they gave me an extra £100 off. I am paying 6 pounds more than last year.
I am OK with that. = Everyone makes mistakes (those that do owt).
Just thought I would inform all the helpers and advice givers on here.
Thanks = Its a great site is UKGSer :thumby::thumby:

They take instant payment yet expect you to wait 14 days for a cheque :blast

It has been quite a while to sort it all out as the insurance company gave me 300 quid and a promise to "look after me" next renewal. True to their word the renewal came last week and as per usual it had gone up 14 -15%. Rang the number the compliance chappy gave me and another they gave me an extra £100 off. I am paying 6 pounds more than last year.
I am OK with that. = Everyone makes mistakes (those that do owt).
Just thought I would inform all the helpers and advice givers on here.
Thanks = Its a great site is UKGSer :thumby::thumby:

Good result Mick

Back
Top Bottom