Beer recommendations

paul08

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Off to N Spain and North & Central Portugal soon. Whilst in northern Spain, I am partial to an Estrella Galicia. However, I am clueless wrt portugese beers.

Any recommendations for when I am out looking to quench my thirst?

Super boc is popular in Portugal, and not a bad drink........:beerjug:

The draft lager in the Porto Ibis Nova Gaia was cold and refreshing after wandering around in 35-40C. No idea what it was and it ran out on my first evening. This led me to try some bottled, local craft beers and these were delicious. A few of these became my regular nightcap on arriving back at the hotel after dinner elsewhere. As Rasher says, explore what is available and look beyond what is served from the headline pump from Inbev/Asahi/Heineken/Coors.

Don't ignore their wine, which can be very good, white & red.

Whilst in Spain, one has to enjoy the following beers:
- Mahou
- Estrella & Galicia
- Cruzcampo

Sagres & Superbock in Portugal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friendly and informative. Tit.

It was informative, for those who thought it was "draft" in UK English.

As for friendly, my post wasn't UNfriendly, unlike you calling me a tit.

It was informative, for those who thought it was "draft" in UK English.

As for friendly, my post wasn't UNfriendly, unlike you calling me a tit.

Try slightly supercilious with patrician undertones next time, sorta like a former minor public school headmaster who's fallen on hard times and is forced to teach in a comprehensive school to make ends meet.;)

Try slightly supercilious with patrician undertones next time, sorta like a former minor public school headmaster who's fallen on hard times and is forced to teach in a comprehensive school to make ends meet.;)

Wow, amazing names for beers they have these days, not sure I fancy the taste of those though. :D

Sagres or Super Bock both good beers, then wine stick to anything from the Douro and says RESERVA on the bottle it is their better stuff, and still plenty cheap.

If in and around the Picos the cider that they seem to are locally is my favourite but be warned it can leave your sphincter a bit loose

Just practice a bit with Westons Vintage (or the Aldi version also made by Westons).

I drank mostly cider in Picos and further west in Asturias.

Super boc is popular in Portugal, and not a bad drink........:beerjug:

Came across an old letter the other day from 1985 when I was working in Portugal, in it I mentioned that 5 bottles of Super Bok was 185 Escudos and the exchange rate was 210 Escudos to the Pound ... I remember we could fall of the bar stool for less than a fiver :)

If in and around the Picos the cider that they seem to are locally is my favourite but be warned it can leave your sphincter a bit loose

Yup. Galician cider is the bollox :)

Otherwise it’s Estella Dam wherever in the world you are.

Andres

Off to N Spain and North & Central Portugal soon. Whilst in northern Spain, I am partial to an Estrella Galicia. However, I am clueless wrt portugese beers.

Any recommendations for when I am out looking to quench my thirst?

Buy a drink. If you like it, buy another. If not try something else.

Jesus fucking christ people.

Buy a drink. If you like it, buy another. If not try something else.

Jesus fucking christ people.

An excellent choice. It's an IPA.:beer::beerjug:

Attachments

• 418641424de501cc8c68bedd98c02e2f.jpg
    418641424de501cc8c68bedd98c02e2f.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 67

Back
Top Bottom