PCV on A 14' 690 anyone?

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot posting here but I really can't be arsed joining any more forums with new associated username / password etc :rolleyes:

I've fitted a Power Commander V to my 14' bike and am interested to know what fuel / ignition maps work out, my setup is a Wings slip on with small DB killer and a Rally Raid foam filter conversion. I'm not really looking for more power as it does go like feck already with no flat spots and will easily power wheelie in 2nd..will do the same over a small rise in 3rd :D
I just want it to run a bit cooler ! Going to Spain soon and I don't want the fan to be running all day if preventable ( have fitted the lower temp. fan switch also ).

It's running hotter than standard but it is also running much smoother without any stalling or surging..but she does run hot.

So..the available PCV maps are for a combination of Arrows slip on / full Arrows or full Akrapovic but all with standard air filter, I've downloaded all these but have not yet uploaded to the PCV. If I go to Rottweiler I can get more compatible options but why the hell should I have to spend $50 for the privilege..each!

Anyone running a setup similar to mine but using one of the only 3 free maps from DynoJet with good results..and if so which one :D

I'll wire in a map switch and load 2 of them so that I can alternate but I'm curious to see what others are doing :thumb2

Mike.

Its probably running lean now with the exhaust and filter. You could really do with having the ECU re flashed with the evo 1 mapping. You'll probably find you dont even need the pcv by doing that. It can be done by yourself with a computer and the right lead.

Its probably running lean now with the exhaust and filter. You could really do with having the ECU re flashed with the evo 1 mapping. You'll probably find you dont even need the pcv by doing that. It can be done by yourself with a computer and the right lead.

Not on a 2014 unfortunately..comes with a locked F1 or I would have. Apparently KTM can load an Akrapovic map but they have to do it using their own equipment..and I really don't trust my nearest franchise !

The PCV can load a similar map plus let me change so much else myself, especially if I decide to add an Autotune to the commander. I was a bit unimpressed initially but now that I've spent more time reading up I think that I'm going to be more than happy..currently have 2 different maps loaded and a switch mounted on my dash so that I can change settings on the fly instantly, both maps add more fuel but in different ranges..test ride tomorrow night after work :D

I'll be happy with it until I decide to eventually do a carb conversion that is :green gri

Holy sh1t !! Initially ran it on the Arrows slip on map tonight until the engine warmed up, nice and smooth and pulling strongly through mid range to top..flicked the switch to full Arrows map and it pulls your bloody arms off, crack open the throttle at 50/55 mph in 6th gear and it just keeps accelerating with no flat spots or splutter whatsoever, I won't mention the front wheel :D

Definitely running a couple of bars cooler but when you do slow speed stuff and the fan comes on it also cools down more quickly which is a bonus.

Now going to use the full Arrows map in position 1 and I'm going to download and use the Akrapovic map in position 2...happy :bounce1

Spoke to a nice chap at Dynojet today and explained what I had and what I'd actually like, promised to call me back within 30 mins ( yeah, right ) and he did...Ok, I've looked into our database and have configured a map that should cover your current setup, what's your email address..
10 mins later there's a map there and ready to download FOC :D

Downloaded installed and ready for a test ride. Comparing the tables between this one and even the Akrapovic this map is similar to the currently available Evo1 map with fuelling but I now have the option to also change the ignition timing..and add a cam :green gri

Dynojet :clap

Back
Top Bottom