How to remove 690 Enduro spark plug?

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
690-ford-7511.jpg

I was off-roading the 690 Enduro with our dog on our local tracks in Spain and came a cropper on a ford I've crossed at least a dozen times before. It was so slippery I couldn't even stand against the water flow.

690-ford-7512.jpg

So I got a ton of water into the airbox and generally the bike had the best wash it's had this year.

690-ford-7513.jpg

Called a mate with a quad whose first action was to take a photo of me holding the bike up. By then I'd been standing in the cold of the mountain stream for 40 minutes and couldn't feel my feet.

Anyway, we got the bike out and I now need to remove the spark plug. There's only one on the 2013 model. I have downloaded the repair manual from http://resmark.se/690e/repairmanual/690e13.pdf but it's not at all clear what has to be removed to get at the spark plug.

Input and piss taking welcome.

I need to move to Spain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorted that part out OK, remove rectifier, then air box, then use thin box spanner.

There was a load of oil in the engine and it took five drains and fills using cheap oil before it came out clean and I could replace filters, screens and replace the 10/60 oil.

Back
Top Bottom