Helmet Intercoms

TonyP22

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy my first intercom and am wondering whether Cardo or Sena is the way to go. It will only be for me and a pillion. If you have any recommendations please let me know. The helmet I have is the neotec 2.

I highly recommend the Cardo PackTalk as it has so many capabilities over and above other makes. That said, it is not cheap and if it is only to be used for rider/pillion use then there are so many cheaper options out there that just utilise a simple Bluetooth connection. really comes down to your budget.

If you have a Neotec 2 then it’s a no brainer. Get the Sena SRL kit that integrates with the helmet. If pillion has same system then it’s brilliant.
You don’t even know it’s fitted apart from the boom mike.
For what it’s worth , I had the Scala Packtalk for a year and it was crap. The battery died just before warranty expired so I got a full refund .

I now use Neotec 2 and also GT Air 2 both fitted with Sena SRL comms.

I use them regularly with g/f as pillion who has Neotec and they work seamlessly together .

https://youtu.be/Sj14uvaQ2AI

I have a Sena 20S which has worked perfectly and keeps multiple connections going well (bike audio, sat nav, phone and pillion), and works well bike to bike when my pillion decides to take her own bike. It was the thick end of £400.

However, if all you want is a single connection to pillion, you can get much cheaper stuff that's just as effective. We had a Ebay special before current kit and for pillion connection it was absolutely fine.

I’ve got a Cardo Freecom 2 which I really rate, it’s a decent system for not much money

You can get systems twice the price but I can’t imagine they are twice as good

Do any of these systems allow both rider and pillion to hear music and sat-nav instructions from the Nav5/6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got 3 Sena’s. never had any issues with any of them. The only priority for me would be one with Bluetooth 4.0

Do any of these systems allow both rider and pillion to hear music and sat-nav instructions from the Nav5/6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, if you connect them in the same way to the Sat Nav (or bike audio system). However, we tend not to do this because we have vastly different tastes in music!

Whether or not they're twice as good is a bit subjective, but the way they handle multiple connections is a key issue.

With the cheapo Ebay intercoms we had first, they were absolutely fine for pillion to pillion chat. Mine on its own was absolutely great for getting sat nav instructions. But connecting it to both meant long delays to reconnect when swapping between the two. Miss a few instructions on the sat nav because you're chatting soon makes it infuriating and next to useless. So a more expensive system is, arguably, a hundred times as good in those circumstances!

So I can have it connected to the bike to listen to music, it will fade out the music when intercom chirps up with some interesting nugget of information ("Oooh look, horses!") and fade out music and/or intercom to get sat nav instructions. It's also much easier to switch between different connections manually. And having an app on the phone makes set-up really easy.

But if all I wanted was to talk to pillion, I'd just get a £60 Ebay intercom.

I ride as part of a group anything between 2 and 12 riders and we have cardo scala pack talk and they are brilliant never had an issue with connecting and battery life seems good in general, I've noticed mine is not lasting as long as the other lads but I seem to be the only one that leaves mine charging and plugged in from one ride to the next.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom