Final drive oil

Didn’t bother with that today, just changed the oil, will split the shaft on the next one

I will do the shaft on my r9 when i get back from my scotland trip. That might be interesting , it's 5 years old and 10 000 miles so we'll see what state it's in. I wasn't aware of this issue until i signed up here so one of many lessons learnt :thumb2

Well did this again today at 8600 miles and it was in better nick than it was the first time. Came apart easily and no more rust. The tunnel is rust free.
Interestingly i also did my r9t which is a 2014 model and never been apart and it was imaculate.
The first pics are the 1250 and the last two are the 9t.

well worth doing it then :) got to say, it does look to of improved itself??

Use the Optimoly paste on the splines and the staburags grease to seal the gaiter/fd.

Neither are cheap, but do go a long way and cheaper than a new FD/drive shaft.

Use the Optimoly paste on the splines and the staburags grease to seal the gaiter/fd.

Neither are cheap, but do go a long way and cheaper than a new FD/drive shaft.

:thumb2 that's what i did.

I dropped mine out on the weekend to kill the boredom mine is a 2016 gsa owned from new there was no signs of rust but there was some grey grease already on the splines that must have been there from new. Strange that a lot of people have found there’s to have none at all.

Back
Top Bottom