Indicators

OldSteve

Reaction score
Has anybody else had the issue that occasionally, and no obvious pattern that I can see, the indicators only blink 3 times before switching off? It is a bit like the short indicate you get on cars but I have tried various presses of the switch and cannot make it happen, it just seems to be a random error.

It's what BMW calls comfort light indicators. From the manual:

If button has been pressed to the right or left, the turn indicators are automatically switched off under the following circumstances:
Speed below 30 km/h: after 50 m distance covered.
Speed between 30 km/h and 100 km/h: after a speed-dependent distance covered or in case of acceleration.
Speed over 100 km/h: after flashing five times.

If button is pressed to the right or left slightly longer, the turn indicators only switch off automatically once the speed-dependent distance covered is reached.[/I]

I am also caught out by it, I think because of the acceleration part of it (in slow but moving traffic indicate to turn, accelerate to keep up with traffic and it turns off). Baffling choice to me, but the old 800GS had something similar. No way to turn it off that I can find, would be happy to know if there is a way, as I frantically keep pressing it just to be sure.

It’s definitely shorter than on the 700/800 series. I wonder if the interval can be extended? They cancel too quickly for me in most situations so would be good if this could be lengthened.

Back
Top Bottom