Rukka Nivala

Just tried a Nivala on at Sportsbikeshop in MK.
Fabulous jacket . Never had a Rukka.
Always default to Rev It but wanted a shorter jacket than my Dominator GTX to wear on my H2 SX and other non adventure bikes

I’ve got too many jackets but the Dominator is the only Goretex one so I’ve ordered a Nivala.

It’s still £900 with 10% off and VAT off but hopefully it’ll last !

It’s still £900 with 10% off and VAT off but hopefully it’ll last !

How'd you get it for that price? It's £1079 on their website. is the VAT off to do with business or some deal?

so I’ve ordered a Nivala.

I ordered mine from Sportsbikeshop on Sunday at around midday, arrived Monday morning. Unfortunately, I'm fatter than i thought and needed to return it. So I ordered and paid for a replacement.

Anyway returned the jacket using their return slip later that day. Replacement arrived on Tuesday and perfect fit and the original refunded on Wednesday.

Used them loads of times and always a first class service.

I ordered mine from Sportsbikeshop on Sunday at around midday, arrived Monday morning. Unfortunately, I'm fatter than i thought and needed to return it. So I ordered and paid for a replacement.

Anyway returned the jacket using their return slip later that day. Replacement arrived on Tuesday and perfect fit and the original refunded on Wednesday.

Used them loads of times and always a first class service.

Agreed. Been using them for years and always great service. God knows how much I’ve spent with them . I daren’t add it up.......oops.......just added it up and it’s a rather stupid amount. Bugger.

Great suit right up to the point it leaked

Bought it ... did 3000 miles around France in the first week ... rain and 35 degrees

Must have had faulty pants .. felt like I was sitting in a bowl of water... took them back to J&S and they were surprised but swoped them no issue ... so glad I bought locally.

Still think it’s an amazing suit ...

You sure that wasn't sweat? :aidan How was the suit in 35 deg? I'm debating whether to wear my Stadler Goretex suit or vented clothing with waterproofs.

I actually thought I was sitting in a puddle but when I took them off I was bone dry. I had Edz wicking trousers, the thermal trousers and then the Rukka trousers. As I said, all layers were bone dry on the inside!

You sure that wasn't sweat? :aidan How was the suit in 35 deg? I'm debating whether to wear my Stadler Goretex suit or vented clothing with waterproofs.

Definitely not sweat ... J&S thought it might be a faulty seem in the gusset ( great word gusset )

It was bloody hot at 35 degrees in slow moving traffic ... but bearable once moving ... I just open the main zip

Cheers - although it's forecast to be 37 this weekend where I'm going it's supposed to drop to "only" 27 next week so I think I'll risk the Stadler "supervent" jacket - I don't really have space for the waterproofs anyway.

Having dropped a bike this weekend wearing forcefield vented kit, with a chest protector, I would like to add that chest protection is not just important, it's CRITICAL! My chest is in agony today, but zero broken ribs because of having the chest protector fitted.

The Nivala also comes with a built in chest protector that you never really notice. Wear one...or weep!!!

I suppose I ought to write a post about what happened so that the stupid on here can laugh, while the intelligent can learn from my split second stupidity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh, sorry to hear that. Presumably because you were under the bike, there was little damage to the bike (phew!)? Or did you have to dive some distance to get yourself between bike and the ground? :)

I read somewhere a couple of years ago that a lot of major injuries from bike incidents are chest injuries because helmets and back protectors are so good and most people don't wear chest protectors.

When I was out yesterday I did consider removing the chest protector to help with keeping cool but I didn't; thanks for this reminder to always keep it in!

Having sold a load of kit, I bought myself the Nivala * suit. I must say I am very pleased with it.

The inner linings are fairly bulky. As I never use them, the ‘right size’ suit comes up a little large but I like them a bit ‘baggy’.

The pockets are good. The chest protector is unnoticeable whilst wearing. It does no harm, even if it does no good, so I’ll keep it in. The vents are good, especially the long vents that run up the rear / side of the jacket.

Haggle a bit on purchase, as most shops will price match or lob in some Nikwax or something.

All in all, a good suit.

* The same suit is called something else in mainland Europe. No idea why.

The chest protector is unnoticeable whilst wearing. It does no harm, even if it does no good, so I’ll keep it in.

Does no good egh? Shall I pm everyone who imagines that a chest protector is a pointless piece of kit a photo of the bruises on my chest WITH a chest protector fitted?

Take my advice everybody, wear a chest protector.... always. I'm up to £200+ on osteopath bills to put my shoulder and ribs back where they belong. No chest protector = probably a few broken ribs and no biking for the rest of the year - as it stands I'm nine days post crash and hoping to be out next weekend. What they say? - all gear all the time.

Used my Nivala this week in France . It’s great but only negative is the cuff versus glove fitment.
The fastening on my Rev It Dominator was more intuitive .

I’ve bought Rukka Apollo gloves but it’s 50:50 whether to tuck the gloves in or vice versa

yep my only gripe is when your wearing your heated jacket then the Nivala cuff and on top of that winter gloves, unless your really lucky it never feels right, and when your riding for 8hours+ in the winter it needs to be right.

Considering cutting off the knitted cuff on the Keis jacket to stop this.

To be fair its not just the Nivala, the Arma T is the same.

Does no good egh? Shall I pm everyone who imagines that a chest protector is a pointless piece of kit a photo of the bruises on my chest WITH a chest protector fitted?

Take my advice everybody, wear a chest protector.... always. I'm up to £200+ on osteopath bills to put my shoulder and ribs back where they belong. No chest protector = probably a few broken ribs and no biking for the rest of the year - as it stands I'm nine days post crash and hoping to be out next weekend. What they say? - all gear all the time.

As I said, it does no harm, even if it does no good. That is not the same as ‘It does no good’, is it? You’ll also notice, if you can see through the clouds of boiled piss steam, that I am leaving mine in.

Have a super day.

yep my only gripe is when your wearing your heated jacket then the Nivala cuff and on top of that winter gloves, unless your really lucky it never feels right, and when your riding for 8hours+ in the winter it needs to be right.

Considering cutting off the knitted cuff on the Keis jacket to stop this.

To be fair its not just the Nivala, the Arma T is the same.

You need some nice electric glove liners. Problem cured. Next, nurse, please.

Finally squirrelled away the cash and plucked up the courage to buy one of these jackets; went to my local shop to buy this morning. Alas the sleeves are about 3 inches too long for me - size 54 is good for my shoulders/chest/belly but sleeves go past my knuckles with loose arms and are about 'at' my knuckles when sat on a bike! Size 52 was about the right sleeve length but too small at the chest...

anyone ever heard of Rukka doing shorter sleeves a bit like they do the C1 leg for their trousers? Really liked the jacket but can't shell out £1100+ on a jacket that's going to drive me bonkers with long sleeves...

Yes Rukka do shorter sleeves in the jackets, they can take away some material from above the elbow and below depending on how much you need doing in either one, I will just warn you though they will charge you quite a bit for this. We've not done one anytime recently, but from memory it was around £250-£300 for the alterations (please don't quote me on that, it's been some time since we did a Rukka sleeve adjustment. it was on an Arma S jacket many years ago)

Kind Regards
Jamie
Moto Central

Back
Top Bottom