Rukka Nivala

wispyone

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Rukka Nivala has been around for a while now and I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting a suit.
Has anyone bought it ? And if so what do you think of it?

I know its a lot of cash and I know there are other suits out there that will do the job, but I've tried the jacket (without the inner liner) and I like the fit and feel of the jacket.
I have done a search and struggled to find any good reviews - apart from stockists sales pitch videos.

So any reviews good or bad?

Cheers
Richard

I have just ( last week) bought one got a decent discount from J&S but as you say its a lot of cash

I originally went in to buy the Navigator as they had that on at a very cheap price but tried on the NIvala and it is in a different league altogether. The elasticity in it means that it fits snug almost like leathers, the down liner is a thing of beauty on its own and adds no bulk at all to the outfit when its on.

It is heavy but that weight disappears once its on

Only tried it on the bike once so far but it is very very comfortable and feels bomb proof

Time will tell but I am pleased so far

Go and try one as the sizing will surprise you compared to the Navigator or not strechy suits

Cant comment on the Nivala set but I have commuted in my Rukka Armas kit for years, trips abroad etc and it has been brilliant ... worth every penny. Some here will tell you otherwise and "its not as good as it was" etc .. everyone has their own opinion ... mine is don't waste your money on anything else AND "Infinity" sometimes offer their kit at 0%. :)

just be careful where you buy it from i had a rukka jacket that i used for commuting for 3 years when the main zip failed contacted motobellends (motolegends) who i purchased it off and when i said i need a loaner jacket as i ride every day they advised they will not repair zip as I've used to jacket too much ???? i kid you not i found the email they sent me the other day .So the 5 year warranty isn't worth a wank and i only use BMW gear now as its far superior and no issues with repairs

I have just ( last week) bought one got a decent discount from J&S but as you say its a lot of cash

I originally went in to buy the Navigator as they had that on at a very cheap price but tried on the NIvala and it is in a different league altogether. The elasticity in it means that it fits snug almost like leathers, the down liner is a thing of beauty on its own and adds no bulk at all to the outfit when its on.

It is heavy but that weight disappears once its on

Only tried it on the bike once so far but it is very very comfortable and feels bomb proof

Time will tell but I am pleased so far

Go and try one as the sizing will surprise you compared to the Navigator or not strechy suits
Thank you for the reply, I have at the moment got a street guard suit size 54 which is a little 'roomy' I tried the Nivala 54 and again quite large and the 52 fit perfect. It's good to hear that the inner jacket takes up no space. I think another trip to try the jacket is definitely in order.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have the Nivala suit, bought about a week after they came into the UK. I use it for everything all year round - commuting and for leisure, as with any Rukka it's shit for really hot weather, it is the most vented of the Rukka line but it's not a patch on a mesh jacket for really hot summer use.

In terms of weatherproof-ness, it's amazing, hasn't leaked a drop and I ride through the worst of UK weather. The stretch material is a really nice, very flexible, fit's well and doesn't feel like I'm wearing a cardboard suit, unlike all of the other Rukka kit I tried on before buying this one.

The only thing that was rubbish was about an inch of stitching around the collar, it was rough, I took it back to Infinity, they dealt with whatever they do, and Rukka gave me a new jacket!

If I had to buy another laminated suit now I'd buy the Klim Kodiak in blue, simply because I fucking hate everything being black or beige....and it looks nice too!

Nivala - Nirvana! For me at least. Zero issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the replies, another visit to the shop is in order I think. The problem I normally have with jackets are around the neck, once the collar is fastened its fine whilst stood but throttles me whilst sat on the bike, think I slouch whilst sat. The Nivala stretches so interested to see how it fits

Richard

Had mine for just over a year and very pleased with it.
Purchased from Motolegends in Guilford and as a UK purchase got the extra years warranty when registered on line.
It is expensive but if it lasts as long as my Armas I will be very happy.
Your money so your choice!!

I bought the Rukka Nivala suit in Bristol last October on a 20% off day and I'm very happy with it. The inner liner was excellent during the winter and I also like the chest protector that zips into the jacket.

It's worth checking trouser length before buying as have a 31" inside leg and preferred the short leg (C1) trouser. The standard (C2) length is about 34".

The only disappointment when spending this amount of money was that the standard back protector is Level 1 rated. I had to spend another £60 to buy the Level 2 version.

Yeah, the down inner suit is remarkable in the winter.
And indeed today !

Normall i would avoid a jolly trip out in the rain but today i did not wimp out as i wanted to test the Nivala for warmth how many layers i need to be comfortable etc etc what is it like to actually wear in the rain blah blah

I also needed a bit of wet weather riding practice

Well 5 hours of good rain with a high of 7 degrees and a low of 4 degrees all i can say is bloody wow

Bone dry as i expected but although not warm i was not cold either and i do feel the cold.
I was wearing a thin merino base layer and the down liner under the jacket same for the trousers

The most amazing thing for me was how comfortable and unrestricted i was

I am a true convert and I just hope that it lasts

I think I am now sold on the Nivala - as long as the collar is ok when sat on the bike. It will be A few weeks before I can try it again but it looks like the suit to go for

The Nivala is hideously expensive and while it may be good I would seriously question how it is a £1000 better that some of the £200-300 great jackets out there?

Anyway it’s your money so go for it if you’re convinced!

I bought the Nivala i think ive had it 3 years, the jacket vents ok but its a shame the pants don't have more vents especially in the summer, when stopping i hate sitting in damp clothing so i still stick my oversuit on when its pissing down heavy, kind of defeats the object really.

I bought the Nivala i think ive had it 3 years, the jacket vents ok but its a shame the pants don't have more vents especially in the summer, when stopping i hate sitting in damp clothing so i still stick my oversuit on when its pissing down heavy, kind of defeats the object really.

Not sure it defeats the object. I bought a cycling gortex rain/wind layer jacket and hiking gortex leggings. I open the jacket vents underneath these if needed. Sure beats the boil in a bag biking ones you can buy!! The jacket is hi Vis yellow and it's really quite dirty despite washing a few times the right way. I'm content that my expensive Rukka gear is spared the worst of salt/mud/road grime, although I'm sure it would cope. Easier to wash outer layers than jacket and trousers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Nivala, had it just over a year.

I feel the cold. The down inner trousers and top are nothing like as warm as my old Hein Gericke (sp?) so if you want to stay warm, I'd keep looking. I have heard Halvarssons are very warm (but I can't test like for like). I wear hoodie instead of Rukka down jacket as it's warmer.

One thing I did badly (only my fault!) was that wearing it, I thought the trousers were a little long and bunched up. sitting on chair in shop I thought that even when on a bike they'd be too long so I went for short. When I'm on my bike and I move around, the bottom of the trousers gets stuck on top of (Daytona) boots.

They look the part.

In terms of the loan in case of repair, I understood that was provided by Rukka else retailers would do it for other brands, surely?

So with the down liner, I assume you must decide before venturing out, how cold you’ll be.

Although the top is simple to put on, the trousers are going to be a faff.

Or does it need to be really cold before you need them?

Back
Top Bottom