3 wheels - It’s the future!

Are you going to put some off road tyres on it for the Dent weekend? LOL

True...once you get used to them, they're as mad as a box of frogs....there is one in my garage.....

I like the Matt black, it was my choice before I was offered the chance to buy the Daytona in yellow.

Thanks for posting that. I´m probably a year away from jumping back on two wheels and with no leg and no left grip strength also with a bit of paranoia about my neck, I was looking at maybe downsizing to a big scooter if need be. Now I have reverse trike in my head should I stay this way. Any idea if there is more of an off road style or are these more than capable of doing the business. Sorry I haven't googled yet but I will do.

Just to add do they do automatics? I´ll google now.

Thanks for posting that. I´m probably a year away from jumping back on two wheels and with no leg and no left grip strength also with a bit of paranoia about my neck, I was looking at maybe downsizing to a big scooter if need be. Now I have reverse trike in my head should I stay this way. Any idea if there is more of an off road style or are these more than capable of doing the business. Sorry I haven't googled yet but I will do.

The Spyder is definitely an on road machine. Belt drive, high weight and wide tyres see to that. It is a semi auto using a paddle on the left handle bar (no strength required). No clutch or gear lever. You have to change up yourself using the paddle, but it will change down automatically (or you can chose to change down yourself).

However, Can am have just brought out something called a ‘Ryker’. It has the same reverse trike format, but it is smaller and lighter than the Spyder, it has shaft drive and CVT, so no gear changing at all. It is marketed as suitable for off road and as a bonus is MUCH cheaper than the Spyder. It would however be less comfortable than the Spyder for a long road trip or tour. Depends what your priority is. Link below :thumb:

https://uk.brp.com/on-road/ryker/recreational/ryker.html

Thanks again, I´m a while away from proper shopping (if I have too), but they do look sweet machines. I managed to get onto another Can Am website which has attracted me to the world of 6x6, obviously the Outlander they have is very much a work horse but watching the Russians play with this on you tube makes them look fun too. Now Polaris has just been shown as competitor in this world, so I´ll have a few hours of viewing these too. If I have to go this way (fingers crossed I won´t) I think my shipping charges might just have tripled.

I would be wary of using an atv such as an outlander on the road very much.

They don’t handle well, and road handling is bordering on scary. It will want to roll over at any speed above a crawl.

It’ll also not take well to any distance at high speed. It’ll be screaming at 60mph.

Not been negative. But they aren’t a good vehicle on a paved road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True...once you get used to them, they're as mad as a box of frogs....there is one in my garage.....

I am strangely drawn to this :nenau

Attachments

• C1E8F774-3C4D-4177-B669-EFC9B2BDC687.jpg
    C1E8F774-3C4D-4177-B669-EFC9B2BDC687.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 145

I've got two friends. One with just left leg and left arm (prosthetics on other) and one left-hand side of body use only following brain damage. Bother ride modified Spyder...with great aplomb....but they are definitely not "off road" suitable.....

Thanks Richh and Doris, After watching a few vids I gathered that any turn at a reasonable speed would be dodgy and those tyres would not handle the roads to well or too long before they would need replacing. Shame about the Spyder as they do look great machines, maybe they will venture out into the off road world eventually. Fingers crossed i´ll be able to get my strength and dexterity back and keep plodding on, on the XT.

Back
Top Bottom