But i’m not quite ready to give up yet, so i’ve bought this :D :

Attachments

• F2AA15FD-CF2C-4DB9-9471-9C026A9923CC.jpeg
    F2AA15FD-CF2C-4DB9-9471-9C026A9923CC.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 563
  • A3686205-2156-4D0E-8640-AD0984C19FE8.jpeg
    A3686205-2156-4D0E-8640-AD0984C19FE8.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 542
And loads of fun to be had, I had a go on one, great fun, you will surely enjoy it, and the trafic jams...........;)

And loads of fun to be had, I had a go on one, great fun, you will surely enjoy it, and the trafic jams...........;)

Ah yes, filtering... :rolleyes:

One of the minor drawbacks. A small price to pay though to keep riding. Having said that, some on the Spyder forums claim to filter through motorway/autobahn queues. Not sure i’d like to try it though.

Ah yes, filtering... :rolleyes:

One of the minor drawbacks. A small price to pay though to keep riding. Having said that, some on the Spyder forums claim to filter through motorway/autobahn queues. Not sure i’d like to try it though.

:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes filtering is actually illegal in Germany if the cars are moving forward, at a standstill it is ok, but the idiots always do something daft.

See you Saturday morning gal :thumb

i-RHjWQZb-L.jpg

:beerjug:

How is that riding position that much different to a bike though ?

I wondered that at first, with regard to their dodgy back, but I think it's more a case of being able to pretty much step over the Spyder to get on it.....or stand on the pegs to get on without any balancing or tip over worries.
Also, I think all the Spyders are power assisted steering now.....the big CanAm quads are, anyway.

Looks fantastic in that bumble bee scheme :thumb2

How is that riding position that much different to a bike though ?

It looks great, but I was wondering the same??

My problem with riding a bike, is not the actual riding. It is manhanding it about and taking the weight when stopping, particularly if it goes a bit far and and you have to pull it back up. I also couldn’t risk the reflex of trying to save it if it was going over. My last bike was an Africa Twin, so big and slightly top-heavy and too much for me to manage after my last op.

The Can-am has a very comfortable seat, riding position is a bit cruiser-like. Most importantly it has reverse gear and doesn’t fall over!:)

I wondered that at first, with regard to their dodgy back, but I think it's more a case of being able to pretty much step over the Spyder to get on it.....or stand on the pegs to get on without any balancing or tip over worries.
Also, I think all the Spyders are power assisted steering now.....the big CanAm quads are, anyway.

Correct on both counts - standing on the pillion pegs makes it easy to get on and obviously you are not having to manage the weight of the bike whilst going so. Power steering is graduated according to speed, like a car.

I've always liked them.There's a dealers in Eersel in the Netherlands and when I visit my mate there I like to have a mooch round the showroom looking at the different models.Reckon you'll have a lot of fun on that :thumb2

Kimbo

Back
Top Bottom